Mundie Moms

Monday, April 19, 2010

Mundane Monday #29

Happy Monday! We all know how much many of you enjoy the Italian cover of City Of Bones. Jace on a Monday- Enjoy!

"Fat lot of use you are."
"At least my friends can drive," she shot back. "Simon's got a license."
She instantly regretted saying it.
"Does he?" said Jace, in a aggravatingly thoughtful tone.
"But he hasn't got a car," she added quickly.
"So does he drive his parents' car?" Jace asked.
Clary sighed, settling back against the desk. "No. Uusally he drives Eric's van. Like, to gigs and stuff. Sometimes Eric lets him borrow it for other stuff. Like if he has a date."

Jace snorted. "He picks up his dates in a van? No wonder he's such a hit with the ladies."
"It's a car," Clary said. "You're just mad Simon has something you haven't got."
"He has many things I haven't got," said Jace. "Like nearsightedness, bad posture and an appalling lack of coordination."
"You know," Clary said, "most psychologist agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction."
"Ah," said Jace blithely, "that might explain why I so often run into people who seem to dislike me."
- Jace & Clary, City of Bones, pages 330-331

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Italian Jace cover + a snarky Jace quote = a fabulous way to start a Monday. Thanks, MMs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the quote....I just love Jace and Clary. I think it's because sarcasm is my native tongue! :) Thanks for the early morning laugh!

    Andye from Reading Teen

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhhh gotta love Jace! Great way to start a monday morning! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Clary and Jace's Arguments always make me laugh. Their fights are the typical love-hate relationship... Well in City of Bones but really they like each other too much!! Great quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover! Makes me want to re-read the whole thing. Love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh believe me, I enjoy reading bits of the books each Monday as I look for a great quote. MI starts my Mondays off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Labels