Mundie Moms

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mundane Monday #30

Happy Monday! Mundane Monday is something we started here on Mundie Moms, as we wanted to brighten our Monday mornings with a quote/excerpt from Cassandra Clare's, The Mortal Instrument Series.

(Fan Art Credit: Sophistikatied Reviews).

Jace looked stupefied.
Simon grinned. "You've never played Dungeons and Dragons"?
"I've heard of dungeons," Jace said. "Also dragons. Although they're mostly extinct."
Simon looked disappointed. "You've never killed a dragon?"
"He's probably never met a six-foot-tall hot elf-woman in a fur bikini, either," Clary said irritably. "Lay off, Simon."
"Real elves are about eight inches tall," Jace pointed out. "Also, they bite."
"But vampires are hot, right?" Simon said. "I mean, some of the vampires are babes, aren't they?"
Clary worried for a moment that Jace might lunge across the porch and throttle Simon senseless. Instead, he considered the question. "Some, maybe."
"Awesome," Simon repeated. Clary decided she had preferred it when they were fighting.
- Jace, Clary and Simon, City of Bones page 118

12 comments:

  1. That movie poster is amazing, thanks for sharing! I hope you find the artist, it's gorgeous!

    And a great quote, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, this Jace/Clary/Simon moment was just what I needed this monday morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing movie poster. The artist did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Artist is Katie from Sophistikatied Review =)

    http://sophistikatied.blogspot.com/2010/04/fan-art-friday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool poster...Katie's (Sophistikatied Review) is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was supposed to be Katie's (Sophistikatied Review) work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this part in COB!! Simon bless his heart!!! Geez sometimes I wonder about simon!!! Got to love Jace's response!! Love the Poster!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind you using it at all. I'm kind of honored, actually. Thanks for posting it! LOVE City Of Bones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Katie!! I really appreciate it :D It's an amazing fan art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool poster! Ahhh, I would LOVE to read the series again, but have too many books in my stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That conversation reminded me why I love this series so much. Jace is serious, arrogant, yet somehow endearing. Simon is sweet, in awe of Jace, and sweet. Clary is lucky to have such great friends.
    Poster is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Labels