Mundie Moms

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mundane Monday #33

Happy Mundane Monday!!!!!!!

"If only Simon were here. He could probably bore you to sleep."

Clary was in no mood to defend Simon. Instead she sat down on the bed, picking up her sketchbook. "I don't usually let people look at this."

"Why not?" Jace looked tousled, as if he'd been asleep himself. "You're a pretty good artist. Sometimes even excellent."

"Well, because-it's like a diary. Except I don't think in words, I think in pictures, so it's all drawings. But it's still private." She wondered if she sounded as crazy as she suspected.

Jace looked wounded. "A diary with no drawing of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance novel covers? The-"

"Do all the girls you meet fall in love with you?" Clary asked quietly.

The question seemed to deflate him, like a pin popping a balloon. "It's not love," he said, after a pause. "At least-"

"You could try not being charming all the time," Clary said. "It might be a relief for everyone."

....."If you're really tried, I could put you to sleep," he said. "Tell you a bedtime story."

She looked at him. "Are you serious?"

"I'm always serious."

-City of Bones, Clary & Jace, pages 204-205

6 comments:

  1. *dreamy sigh*
    It seems like I could reread passages with Jace on them forEVERRR... Right now, I need to rest... Where is he? I want a bedtime story :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah. Everytime you post a quote or section of any MI book I have to stop myself from abandoning whatever I'm reading and grabbing up the series to read again... Although, I haven't reviewed them yet... hmmmmm, an excellent excuse for a re-read, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, what you guys mean. Every time I grab my books for a passage for Mundane Monday, I end up reading most of the book as I can't put it down. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I love Jace! he's so funny.. how could one not fall in love with him! Love Mundane Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Jace...seriously, who wouldn't have drawings of Jace in their diary?? LOL. Happy Mundane Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sigh, Jace how yummy.
    Just started reading City of Bones for the 3rd time.
    Happy Mundane Monday.
    X K

    ReplyDelete

Labels