Mundie Moms

Saturday, July 10, 2010

City of Fallen Angels Excerpt


This evening, Cassie treated us to a City of Fallen Angels excerpt on twitter:


In honor of the hottest days of summer. An excerpt from City of Fallen Angels. Enjoy...

"Clary made a surprised noise, but didn’t protest, even when Jace lifted her up and carried her over to the bed.
They sprawled onto it together, crushing some of the letters, Jace knocking the box itself aside to make room for them. His heart was hammering against the inside of his ribs. They had never been in bed together like this before, not really — there had been that night in her room in Idris, but they had barely touched. Jocelyn was careful never to let either of them spend the night where the other one lived. She didn’t care much for him, Jace suspected, and he could hardly blame her. He doubted he would have liked himself much, in her position.
“I love you,” Clary whispered. She had his shirt off, and her fingertips were tracing the scars on his back, and the star-shaped scar on his shoulder than was the twin of her own, a relic of the angel whose blood they both shared. “I don’t ever want to lose you.”
He slid his hand down her cheek, to her throat, to the top button of her blouse. "

Link to artwork by from Jackie at AllThingsMortal can be found here. And don't forget, you can pre-order City of Fallen Angels here. Yes, the date is still wrong but we all know it's really March 11, 2011.

26 comments:

  1. O_O
    why is it so hot here suddenly? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maidenveil - I know. It's still 84 outside but 108 in my head!! *fans herself* Such a great treat from Cassie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my COFA! Wow! Cassie sure knows how to heat things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nggh..!!! *speechless with excitement*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrrrgg! Cut off at the pass! Just when things were really heating up for Jace and Clary. And yes, it's quite steamy indeed! Cassandra definitely has a way with words; all it takes are a few to really get you going...I can hardly stand the wait!
    (and I hate to be a pest or a nudge; but there's a few grammatical errors in that excerpt, I know, I can't help it! I had to say something.)I just couldn't NOT say something

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Can't wait to get my hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. !!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    I'm so excited for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weenie and Little Miss Youngblood - Glad you liked it as much as we did.

    Candice - I did a cut/paste from the original tweet and didn't see the error in the pronoun. I fixed it now. LOL. Thanks for the "nudge". *winks*

    A Simple Love of Reading - We can't either!! Trust me.

    Crystal Cook and Nikki - It's a long wait until March. Have you all pre-ordered it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph!!! Hey there!!! And I knew you'd love it, my friend. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why isn't this book in my hands?! AHHH!! I cannot wait for it to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JustYourTypicalBookBlog - LOL. I know, I know. March will be here soon. Maybe. Oh, it seems such a long way away now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with all of you! Is it MARCH yet!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, such a sweet moment between Jace and Clary!! Thanks for sharing this amazing quote!! Grrr... I want to read it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just really died a little bit. So in love with Jace!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy Bess - I know. Trust me, we all feel that pain of wanting to read it NOW. LOL.

    SamTrutmann - We so agree. Yes, we do. Just the fact that Jace knows what Jocelyn thinks of him and that he'd think it too if he were in her place made me feel so sorry for him. *sigh* Jace. Jace. Jace. So right. So wrong. :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. aa!!! I can't believe it. I love it.
    When this one coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just hope this isn't the only steamy scene or I will just die!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg cannot wait so exited cant wait for 2011 already x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg heres a website with a random chapter from CoFA..the chapter is about jace and clary its really good and hope u guys enjoy..i couldnt paste it on here cuz it was too long

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5647085/1/Falling_Angels

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous- Thank you for the link, but that is for FANFIC and not the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wooow words cant even descrie how i feel!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG... I can not wait to get the book!! And so far it seems as if it will have wonderful promises of some Jace action... And of course the second best couple and the third best, Simon & Isabelle and Alec & Mangus... ^_^ only 4 more days left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohh myyy godddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am literally jumping in my seat right now squealing
    my head off.
    hmmm a mix of jace and clary ...
    jarey?...no...clace?...nice ring to it...hmm i really
    dont know.

    ReplyDelete

Labels