Mundie Moms

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday- Radiance


By Alyson Noel
Published By Square Fish
To Be Released On: August 31st, 2010

Riley Bloom left her sister, Ever, in the world of the living and crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. Riley and her dog, Buttercup, have been reunited with her parents and are just settling into a nice, relaxing death when she's summoned before The Council. They let her in on a secret—the afterlife isn't just an eternity of leisure; Riley has to work. She's been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a curious boy she can't quite figure out.

Riley, Bodhi, and Buttercup return to earth for her first assignment, a Radiant Boy who's been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But he's never met Riley... (from goodreads)

I've heard this is a spinoff to Alyson's Immortal series and I've read and liked Evermore, so I'm looking forward to reading about Riley. The fact that she's going to England to persuade a boy who's been haunting a castle to cross over the bridge is very intriguing.

You can visit Alyson's site to find out more http://www.alysonnoel.com/radiance/

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event spotlighting upcoming releases we are highly anticipating. It is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

7 comments:

  1. You're the 2nd one who picked this one for this week's WOW as far as I know - I'm excited too! I loved Riley in Evermore, she's so quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it's a great read! I agree, I adored Riley too. I'm excited to read more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. It sounds different for anything Riley does on The Immortals series which I hope to be really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have GOT to get this book! It sounds so refreshingly different! Adding it to the list...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting this book this week and are SUPER excited to read it!!!! The cover is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels