Mundie Moms

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Book Review-Paranormalcy

By Kiersten White
Published by HarperCollins
To Be Released August, 31st, 2010
Source- HarperTeen
5 Stars- This is a must have!

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours. But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.

Paranormalcy is a fun, flirty, addictive read with a great paranormal twist. I literally found myself wanting to read it again when I finished it. I love Evie! She's one of those characters I wish was real so I could be friends with her.

Evie is a sassy, smart, decisive, strong, sarcastic, butt kicking, "make the world better", pink stiletto boot wearing character that I fell in love with. Evie herself is a paranormal character who can see through the glamour of other paranormals. That makes her an effective part of the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency). She has a great best friend who's a mermaid, an ex boyfriend who's a fairy, and will stop at nothing to win her back, a hot shape shifter who can give her everything she's wanted and oh yeah, she's a one of kind paranormal.

Everything changes for Evie when she meets Lend, a shapeshifter who may be the one person who can relate to her and understand her. He might be able to give her something she's not had, normalcy. If Lend hadn't broken into IPCA, it might be easier to get to know him. Evie's not part of the IPCA task force for nothing, she's smart and works her way around the "rules". Oh, Bleep! The love triangle is so well done! Lend and Evie. Evie and Reth. Which one will will she choose.... Lend the hot shape shifter or Reth, the hot, bad tempered fairy who wants Evie back.

I love Paranormalcy's rich world building and memorable characters. Kiersten White does a suburb job with her unique spin on the paranormal world. She wrote a story that captured me and leaves me wanting more. I laughed out loud, I sighed and I even got teary eyed (which is hard to do). Paranormalcy has the perfect blend of romance, mixed in with action and sprinkled with a dark twist. It's one of the best Summer reads and I've added it to my list of favorite books for 2010.

Be sure to visit Kiersten's site here http://www.kierstenwhite.com/
HarperCollins site here: http://tinyurl.com/285l6ax

Watch the book trailer here

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love/adore this book! It's hilarious, sad, and all around delightful. I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got it in the mail yesterday!! I can hardly wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really thinking about buying this book. After reading that review, I have to go get it! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I have to get this one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book in the sides of book review blogs for a while but I never clicked on it because the title didn't really appeal to me. But after that review and the praise from other authors in the trailer I can say I REALLY want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing great things about this one... I ordered it awhile ago, I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered it online today (the review made me want to get it). I cannot wait to read it! I also got Mockingjay and Clockwork Angel. They all sound like great books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I really like this book. I totally love Evie! She's such a great character.

    Danielle- Those books are totally worth the money!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ashamed to say I have only just finished this book; it was a christmas present! I absolutely loved it. It was so quirky and fun and I adored the main character, I found myself empathising with her and rooting for her. I am also hoping that we will maybe see a different side of Reth in the next book as I feel like there was more to him than meets the eye. Bring on Supernaturally!

    ReplyDelete

Labels