Mundie Moms

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twitter Tuesday - Lisa Desrochers

I saw this tweet yesterday and it did make me think. Do book trailers make you buy books? I'm not sure about the answer myself. I will say that it is part of the process that I look forward to. I love it when an author receives an ARC, then shows the actual cover of the book and then reveals the book trailer. I get all giddy at each stage of the pre-release date process.

But does it make me want to buy the book? Perhaps. Sometimes. When a book trailer captures the emotion of the story, then I click over to the synopsis and the author blurbs and start my research.

What are your thoughts, MMs? Leave your comment here or on Lisa's blog post. I'd love to know if a book trailer makes you click over and hit that Pre-order Button.

While you're thinking, hit the play button below on VLC Productions' trailer for Personal Demons and meet Gabe. I just did and it may take me a few minutes to calm my breathing down...just a little.

Personal Demons will be released on September 14th and remember:

If you had to choose between Heaven and Hell, which would it be? ...Are you sure about that?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can say that I had a look at that trailer, enjoyed it, googled the book and read the synopsis - and now I'd really like to read the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must add that I really, REALLY liked the trailer for "White Cat" by Holly Black, and that if I hadn't already read the book, the trailer would make me want to go out and get it.

    http://thecurseworkers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks FictionFaerie. Vania did the WHITE CAT trailer as well.

    I'm reading Personal Demons right now. I'm about 145 pages into it and I have to say I'm liking it a lot!! The trailer did it justice for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels