Mundie Moms

Monday, September 20, 2010

Mundane Monday #51

Happy Monday!!


"Nice, he said. "Graceful as a falling snowflake."

"Was I screaming?" she asked, genuinely curious. "You know, on the way down?"

He nodded. "Thankfully no one's home or they would have assumed I was murdering you."

"Ha. You can't even reach me." She kicked out a leg and spun lazily in midair.

Jace's eyes glinted. "Want to bet?"

Clary knew that expression. "No," she said, quickly. "What ever you're going to do-"

But he'd already done it. When Jace moved fast, his individual movements were almost invisible- she saw his hand go to his belt, and then something flashed into the air. She heard the sound of parting fabric as the cord above her head was sheared through. Released, she fell free, too surprised to scream- directly into Jace's arms. The knocked him backward and they sprawled together onto one of the padded floor mats, Clary on top of him. He grinned up at her.

"Now," he said, "that was much better. You didn't even scream at all."

"I didn't get the chance." She was a breathless, and not just from the impact of the fall. Being sprawled on top of Jace, feeling his body against hers, made her mouth grow dry and her heart beat faster. She had thought maybe her physical reaction to him-their reactions to each other- would fade with familiarity, but that hadn't happened. If anything, it had gotten worse-or better, she supposed, depending on how you thought about it.

- City of Fallen Angels excerpt from the City of Glass paperback edition

14 comments:

  1. Awwww, I just love J+C sprawled out on top of each other -- bwahahahaha!!! Awesome Mundane Monday quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I think I won't live through this... Can I read City of Fallen Angels right now, please?! I need my fix of Jace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* so long to wait - I don't think I can cope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!! The rest of this excerpt will be posted next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Can't wait for next week then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, that made me smile like a fool. *sigh* Love me some smart mouth Jace <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute. I can picture is sly grin right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! I really need to read this now. Why or why do we have to wait so long???

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG OMG OMG OMG
    I LOVE JACE! He is sooooo cute!
    I can imagine his 'expression' :DDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! That was so much greater than I could have imagined. I squealed so loud that my dad thought I was being murdered. I could die happy right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just fyi part two of september exerpt i up. its about SIMON!! i just fangirled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE this :D i love his remarks :D

    ReplyDelete

Labels