Mundie Moms

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Banned Books Week #SpeakLoudly Book Drop

This past week on Twitter there was a link to an article found here, that started a discussion between Christine Johnson, Julie Kagawa, Saundra Mitchell, myself and a couple other bloggers. Christine, Julie, Saundra and I, all started talking about what kind of action we could take to counter act the negativity that has steamed from these articles & banning books.

I'm very excited about what we all came up with. Later this week I'll share what Christine Johnson and I have teamed up to do! We're pretty excited about it.

Julie Kagawa came up with a brilliant idea to have bloggers, and book fans donate books to your local library or schools. It may be books from your own personal collection, banned books, challenged books, the classics, non-challenged or non-banned books. Julie herself is donating copies of The Iron King and The Iron Daughter.

All you have to is make a drop/donate your book and then blog about it and spread the word! Be apart in getting books into the hands of readers! I have a few ideas on what books I want to donate, but I'll post what I did later this week.

Reading is knowledge and no one has the right to take that away from someone.

2 comments:

Labels