Mundie Moms

Monday, October 4, 2010

TMI Movie News

I know that we've all been waiting and here's just a tiny bit more of movie news according to comingsoon.net:

Screen Gems has teamed with Constantin Film and Unique Features to develop the motion picture franchise Mortal Instruments based on The New York Times best-selling book series "The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare.
Jessica Postigo wrote the script which is based on the first book in the series, "City of Bones." Constantin Film's head of Film & TV Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce and Robert Kulzer will produce the project via the Constantin Film banner along with producing partners Michael Lynne, Robert Shaye, and executive producer Dylan Sellers via their Unique Features banner.
You can read the entire article on comingsoon.net's site here. We are getting closer and closer, Mundie Moms. Can you feel the excitement?

10 comments:

  1. So then, they've optioned all six books for a book to screen adaptation, or they're dealing with it as a stand-alone to test the waters so to speak?

    I'm a little bit confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just waiting for them to announce that they've cast Jace correctly (and you know who I'm talking about). If not, mutiny there will be! (Or not, really, because you know I'll be first in line to see it no matter what.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind of scared about what this movie will be like. If I don't like who they pick for Jace, I'm not sure I'm going to watch it! The movies ruined my love for Twilight, and I don't want that to happen here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link to Cassie's FAQs re: the movie(s):

    http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/faqs#movie

    What I take away from that is that while all the movies have been "optioned", they (the production company) is starting with City of Bones as the first movie to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacie -- The casting will be such an awesome step. I know. *fingers crossed for the "right" Jace* << one that can "air quote" believably, of course!!

    Jessie E -- It's always scary and for me, personally, better if I take a look at the movies as a seperate entity from the books. Unique Pictures, however, did the Lord of the Rongs franchise so hey, there's a HUGE probability that they will do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait until there is a release date to look forward too!

    I too, try to look at movies separate from the books... rarely are they as good as the book :) - but still a ton of fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond awesome! Constantin films does some excellent movies! *eeekkk!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting. I hope it turns out brilliantly, like the Harry Potter films. If it does then this and The Hunger Games movie can eradicate Twilight forever.

    Just kidding, of course. (Or was I?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very excited too! Wonder who will play the leads...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so excited my head hurts. @_@ I just hope for the best! *crosses-fingers*

    ReplyDelete

Labels