Mundie Moms

Monday, November 15, 2010

Mundane Monday #59

Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a great Monday.


"Come on." Jace pushed Clary toward the exit. The crowd was dense. She held her backpack in front of her, hands warped protectively around it. Someone bumped her shoulder, hard, and she yelped and moved sideways, away from Jace. A hand brushed her backpack. She looked up and saw the vampire with the stake earring grinning at her. "Hey, pretty thing," he said. "What's in the bag?"

"Holy water," said Jace, reappearing beside her as if he'd been conjured up like a genie. A sarcastic blonde genie with a bad attitude.

"Oooh, a Shadowhunter," said the vampires. "Scary." With a wink he melted back into the crowd.

"Vampires are such prima donnas," Magnus sighed from the doorway. "Honestly, I don't know why I have these parties."

"Because of your cat," Clary reminded him.

Magnus perked up. "There's true. Chairman Meow deserves my every effort." He glanced at her and the tight knot of Shadowhunters just behind her. "You on your way out?"

Jace nodded. "Don't want to overstay our welcome."

"What welcome?" Magnus asked. "I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you, but it wasn't. Not that you aren't all fairly charming, and as for you-" He dropped a glittery wink at Alec, who looked astounded. "Call me?"

-City of Bones, page 243

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I love Magnus, he always cheers me up. Great Mundane Monday quote. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnus is awesome. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this scene. all the best characters in one quote - Nice !!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to Mundane Monday every week! Thinking about doing something similar on my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Labels