Mundie Moms

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Twitter Tuesday - Cynthia Hand

I just finished Cynthia Hand's Unearthly, thanks to netgalley's eARC, this weekend. And I have to say that I turned around and pre-ordered it immediately. Simply put, it's just a book that I need on my shelf when it's released on January 4, 2011.

And I do mean "need". You know, Mundie Moms, when you read a book that has just the right balance of yearning to know more and enough excitement to keep the pages turning? Well, Unearthly is just such a book. It tugs at your heart and your fingertips until the very last page is turned.

I am thrilled that on Cynthia's twitter account she's announced that there will be a sequel:

"Yesterday I turned in a draft of the as-of-yet-untitled Book 2 (yes, for those of you who have just finished Unearthly and have been fretting over it, there is a sequel) to my lovely editor, F, at HarperCollins."
Mundie Moms, just wait until you meet Clara, her mother, her brother and yes, the two Love Triangle interests -- Christian and Tucker. Here's a link to the synopsis and by all means, remember to follow Cynthia on twitter for all the latest updates on Unearthly. Our full, spoiler-free review will be posted on Unearthly's release date of January 4th.

9 comments:

  1. Glad someone else enjoyed this as much as I did:) I already posted my review and talking about shelves, here is my verdict:"Glorious novel about a young angel blood searching for her place in world or even outer world. Unearthly will find a comfortable place on my shelf, on yours, too?"
    Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this book! I've heard nothing but good things about it. And the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss P-T - Glad you liked it as much as I did. It's a great entry into the angel-lore books because it does something new and fresh with the mythology. The plot itself is a classic love triangle and it's so well executed. :D

    Loren - I don't always pre-order a book after reading an ARC but I did in this case! And I am thrilled that there will be a sequel. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aylee - I think you will love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how can I not read it after a recommendation like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks good and sounds even better. Next year is looking pretty amazing for good books! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished this one as well and absolutely adored it. I was way more involved in the story than I thought I would be and now I'm dying for the sequel! Can't wait to read your full review of this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather - You will love!!!!

    booknerd10 - 2011 is going to an awesome year!!!

    Jenny - I can hardly wait to post it!!!! I agree with you it was different and I loved how it unfolded so realistically even with a paranormal element in it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels