Mundie Moms

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mundane Monday #65

I can't believe how fast this past week went and that we're now in the last week before the new year!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!


"Is it a curse? Being a vampire?" Tessa asked.

Charlotte shook her head. "No. We think it is a sort of demon disease. Most diseases that affect demons are not transmissible to human beings, but in some cases, usually through a bite or a scratch, the disease can be passed on. Vampirism. Lycanthropy-"

"Demon Pox," said Will.

"Will, there's no such thing as demon pox, and you know it," Charlotte said. "Now, where was I?"

"Being a vampire isn't a curse. It's a disease," Tessa filled in. "But they still can't enter hallowed ground, then? Does that mean they're damned?"

"That depends on what you believe," said Jem. "And whether you even believe in damnation at all."

"But you hunt demons. You must believe in damnation!"

"I believe in good and evil," said Jem. "And I believe the soul is eternal. But I don't believe in the fiery pit, the pitchforks or endless torment. I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness."

Tessa looked at Will. "What about you? What do you believe?"

"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows. What else is there?"

Clockwork Angel, pages 174-175

5 comments:

  1. I love this exerpt! It gives me the shivers at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I knew Demon Pox was part of this conversation how funny is that! Anyway. I remember this conversation. I liked this part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those scenes that Cassie will really shows us who Jem and Will are. She does it in such a way where she gives a lot away about their characters, with out saying a lot. I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Jace say something very similiar to this, about being "dust and shadows"?

    ReplyDelete

Labels