Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday- Dear Bully


I'm a list kind of girl and my list for our WOWs is huge and never seems to stop growing. There are so many books being published soon that I can't wait to read. I found another book to add to this list this morning while cruising around the blogging world, I visited Dawn Metcalf's blog (http://dawn-metcalf.livejournal.com/) and found a book that I had no idea was going to be out next year. Now that I've seen it, I can't wait to read it! The book is called Dear Bully.


Bullying has become such a huge problem, not just in America, but world wide. I think it's fascinating and amazing that authors like Dawn, Jo Knowles, Heather Brewer, Carrie Jones, Ellen Hopkins, R.L. Stine, Lisa McMann, Lauren Oliver, Saundra Mitchell and many more got together and shared their stories in this anthology. What better way to communicate with kids about bullying, than by authors who write for the kids who are being effected by bullying.

Read the article that Publisher's Weekly posted about the book called DEAR BULLY
Be sure to join their facebook group YA Authors Against Bullying.
*all links are quoted from Dawn Metcalf's site*

Be sure to pick up this book when it's released in the fall of 2011 by HarperTeen!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, and allows us to spotlight a book that we are eagerly awaiting to be released.

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I can't say I was ever bullied in high school, but I was in middle school, and it ruined my junior high experience. This is something I will definitely read. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa- It's amazing how many of us have experienced bullying and the effects it has on us long after it happened. I think this is going to be a very value book to a lot of YA readers and tweens who are experiencing the horrors of bullying and hopefully this will empower them and help them realize they're not the only ones who have dwelt with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that so many of my favorite authors have contributed to this anthology. I completely agree that it's a book I will run out to buy on its release day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I had no idea this was coming out either and it sounds like it's going to be one of those books that changes things. I must get this! Thank you for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I hadn't heard of this one. It's amazing and I'll be looking forward to reading it too.

    ReplyDelete

Labels