Mundie Moms

Saturday, January 8, 2011

German Cover of Clockwork Angel

This lovely cover will available in Germany in February (when we know the exact date we'll post it).

Cassie said, "They did a lovely backgroundy thing that I want as a wallpaper. Not that I know what the words mean (other than "Schattenjaeger=Shadowhunter.)"

* Thank you to one of our followers, we know what the German text says*
"1000 years ago the angel Raziel mixed his blood with the blood of humans and created beings, who are walking beneath us. Our invisible guardians. They call themselves the SHADOWHUNTERS."
You can read more about what Cassie said here http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/46541.html

I love this cover! I'm a suck for the German covers and I'll be looking for away to purchase this one. What do you guys think?

13 comments:

  1. For whatever reason this cover makes me think of the original Leviathan cover. I think it's all the gears. Overall, I like it. I don't like it as much as the US cover, but it is still cool.

    Andrea @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the Bloomsbury covers for Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing different covers! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the cover! It reminds me of an adult cover type book. Like they did with Harry Potter. So that adults won't have to be prancing around the YA cover. Even though it is also epic. But I like them both haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it! It draws me right in and makes me want to pick the book up (as if I didn't already! LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, I actually like this one. :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's beautiful, but I still like the US cover the most (I love the metallic finish they all have!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. I love it! Chroniken sounds like Chronicles. There are a lot of cognates between German and English and Der means The. So, Chronicles of the Shadowhunter. (Yep, I'm a nerd)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The German text says:

    "1000 years ago the angel Raziel mixed his blood with the blood of humans and created beings, who are walking beneath us. Our invisible guardians. They call themselves the SHADOWHUNTERS."

    I am sorry for my creepy English grammar.. ;")

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Frl. Irene Palfy for the translation! I'll go add that to the post.

    Your English grammar is not creepy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's much edgier....and I love all the steampunk elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hihi - thanks! You are very welcome! :")

    ReplyDelete

Labels