Mundie Moms

Monday, January 24, 2011

Mundane Monday #70

Happy Mundane Monday! We've a lot of Jace, Clary & Simon on MM's, so today we're going to treat you to Valentine. I think many of us have a love/hate relationship with him, and a small part of us admires his intelligence.

Valentine glanced up at the sky. "We are meant for a higher purpose, you and I. The distractions of the world are just that, distraction. If we allow ourselves to be turned aside from our course by them, we are duly punished."

"And our punishment is visited on everyone we care about? That seems a little hard on them."

"Fate is never fair. You are caught in a current much stronger than you are, Jonathan; struggle against it and you'll drown not just yourself but those who try to save you. Swim with it, and you'll survive."

- City of Ashes page 267, Jace & Valentine

Valentine is such an evil genius! I say that as Cassie has created a character who you want to hate and yet some what admire, but despise all at the same time as he's fighting for a cause he thinks is right, and he'll do anything to win.

With all the exciting talk about the upcoming TMI movie, we wanted to know who you think would play a great Valentine. Here's two of the actors (Daniel Craig and Charlie Bewley) I've recently heard some fans say they think would make a great Valentine.







































What do you think? Do you agree or do you have someone else in mind? I think he's someone whom is good looking and has a presence around him, an air of respect/someone you're definitely not going to cross, which I think both actors can pull off well. I think it will come down to age-- having an older Valentine or a younger one for the movie.

I'm looking forward to hearing who you guys picture as Valentine. I have always pictured Daniel Craig or someone who looks similar to him.

10 comments:

  1. I think either of them would be a nice fit for Valentine. Good choices MMs, I can't wait to see how the final casting turns out in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Paul Bettany would be fabulous as Valentine plus he has worked with the director. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0079273/

    I love Charlie but I think he could be too young. I don't buy him as playing Clary's father. But Daniel Craig would be great to see!

    The Mortal Instruments Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadinax- I can't wait to see who they cast either.

    Natalie- Great choice! I hadn't thought of Paul playing Valentine.
    I've always pictured Daniel Craig. Someone pointed him out to me when I first started reading the TMI series and he's stuck w/ me since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always pictured Jude Law as Valentine. But I think Paul Bettany could be good as well. I am glad to finally read some opinions on this subject. I can hardly wait for casting to end so filming can begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I can see Liam Neeson playing Valentine quite well. But perhaps he's getting too old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both of them. But, I think Charlie Bewley seems a little young. But, he could still make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valentine is such a BOHUNK! He bugs me so bad!! This part in COA is indeed interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was picturing Paul Bettany too as Valentine. But given that he is charismatic as well as beautiful, the more I see the character portrayed by Robert Downey, Jr. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think Charlie Bewley would be right for the role. I am kind of digging Paul Bettany and Daniel Craig. What about Jeff Bridges, he can play a charismatic, handsome, and devilish character. Or what about Ewan McGreger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm liking everyone's suggestions! I'm really excited to hear they they cast as Valentine. For me, he's almost as big as getting the right Jace and Clary.

    ReplyDelete

Labels