Mundie Moms

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Interview with author Keren David
















We're excited to have author Keren David on our site today! Last year we had the privilege of reading her debut book, When I Was Joe, (you can read our review here), and this year we have the privilege of interviewing Keren about her sequel, Almost True.

We were really enjoyed reading your debut book, When I Was Joe and we're looking forward to reading it's sequel, Almost True. What can you tell us about your newest release?

Things get even more dangerous for Ty, and his family decide that police protection isn't working for him. So he's in hiding with complete strangers, and their seemingly savage dog. Ty finds out many secrets about his own past and about the crime he witnessed - until the day comes when he has to tell his story in court.


What do you admire most about Ty's character growth from When I Was Joe to Almost True?

Ty makes a lot of mistakes, and he's still liable to rush into things headlong. But he's brave and loyal and he tries to do the right thing - even if it doesn't always work out like that - and he's quite resilient considering everything that happens to him.

What do you find more challenging to write, the first book in a series or its sequel and why?

The first book, I think, the characters are all new and you're feeling your way. It's great to be able to pick up their stories again in a sequel. Ty's voice was very familiar to me by the time I wrote Almost True, which made life easier. I loved exploring the secrets in his past, and introducing him to new characters.


When you're not writing, what is one thing you enjoy doing?

I love going to the cinema. I feel really bereft if I don't get to see a movie at least once a week. The last film I saw was The King's Speech, which I enjoyed a lot despite its historical inaccuracies.

Is there a book you've read lately that you'd recommend to us?

The YA fantasy Firebrand by Gillian Philip is excellent - Scottish faeries in the sixteenth century, with a wild rough irresistable anti-hero . And Tall Story by Candy Gourlay, which is just about to come out in the US is a really moving and beautifully written story of two siblings who've never met before. It's a book with everything - drama, magic, realism, humour and a definite tear-jerker.

___________________

Thank you so much Keren for joining us today. We'll be sharing our review for Almost True tomorrow. Be sure to visit Keren's site here to learn more about Almost True and her writing.

4 comments:

  1. Great interview, looking forward to the review of Almost True, I really enjoyed When I Was Joe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cynthia! I'll be sure to send it to you so you can read it. It's really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great interview ... and thanks for mentioning my book, keren! you're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Labels