Mundie Moms

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cassandra Clare Tour Dates & CoFA Book Info.

Next month Cassandra Clare and Holly Black will be touring along the West Coast (lucky west coasters) and Sophie will be representing MM's at their April 11th stop in San Francisco!! Here's the list of tour stops via Holly's site and Cassie's site.

For all of our followers in Australia and New Zealand, Cassie will be in your area in May!!
Cassie will also be at the Twilight ItaCon in Italy in June! Be sure to visit here to get more information on Cassie's tours.

We are anxiously awaiting the release of City of Fallen Angels.... not only do we want to find out what happens next, but we want to read the letter Jace writes to Clary! Here's what Cassie says about the B&N signed special edition of CoFA-

"What this means basically is that Barnes and Noble in the US is going to be carrying a special edition of COFA with some special content inside it.

The B&N Exclusive Edition

In City of Glass, Book 3 of The Mortal Instruments series, Jace leaves a letter in Clary's room before he leaves for a life-threatening mission. The content of this letter has been the subject of much speculation among Mortal Instruments fans, but it has never been revealed until now. In the B&N exclusive version of CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS, Jace's letter to Clary will be enclosed in the book as a separate piece, designed to look as if it was handwritten on stationery."

I had initially written the letter and given it to my publisher as something that could be a tour extra — something I could have printed up to hand out to people who come to my signings. But they loved the letter so much they wanted to make it available more widely and Barnes jumped on the idea of carrying it. Everyone agreed they wanted it to look really amazing, so it's handwritten — no handwriting fonts — and sealed with the Morgenstern wax seal.

Just to answer questions: Yes, the signed edition has the letter too. No, that doesn't mean no tour giveaway — I now have something else to give away on tour, which is a sort of short story told via postcards between the characters during the gap between City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels. Yes, this edition is only available at Barnes and Noble stores and from their online store. Yes, that means it is not available from other stores, or in countries where there are not Barnes and Noble, as of now. No, this is not a limited edition. All City of Fallen Angels books sold by B&N will have it. Yes, we have been working to do other cool things with other stores and outlets too. Yes, Barnes does ship overseas but I don't know their shipping policies exactly, but I'm sure it says on the site. I should have tour dates soon so I'll post those soon as well!"

Be sure to follow Cassie's site here for all her latest news.

9 comments:

  1. I ordered my signed copy but I might go insane since shipping usually takes a week to get things from B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'll be going insane with you. I can't wait that long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSSS! I preorder the signed edition and BONUS! The letter comes with. Can't wait! I'm re-reading City of Ashes right now and then on to City of Bones in prep for COFA. Squee! I need more Jace (and Simon, and so on.) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm very excited. Just found out yesterday that they'll be coming to Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ordered mine yesterday, too! Spent the extra dollar to get express shipping b/c I know the wait will be torture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so unfair! Eugh, sometimes living in the UK really sucks. I have been speculating since I read CoG. I really hope its released online or in the UK soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwyatt-Enjoy your re-reading! I need to do that too.

    Jenny- Cassie and Holly as SO much fun! I hope you have a fantastic time at their signing.

    Booknerd- I can imagine! I would be really surprised if they didn't do something for the release in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! They're coming to a bookstore I live within walking distance of... wow. Life is awesome sometimes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kaleidoscopicepic- YAY!!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Labels