Mundie Moms

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday- Falling for Hamlet

By Michelle Ray
Published by Poppy
To Be Released on July 5th, 2011

Meet Ophelia: a blonde, beautiful high-school senior and long-time girlfriend of Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Her life is dominated not only by her boyfriend's fame and his overbearing family, but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go. As the devastatingly handsome Hamlet spirals into madness after the mysterious death of his father, the King, Ophelia rides out his crazy roller coaster life, and lives to tell about it. In live television interviews, of course.

Passion, romance, drama, humor, and tragedy intertwine in this compulsively readable debut novel, told by a strong-willed, modern-day Ophelia (quoted from Goodreads)

I'm totally sold on this story! I love that there's a strong willed, modern day Ophelia at the heart of it. I'm really looking forward to reading this book when it's out.


8 comments:

  1. ooooh, hadn't heard of this one but it sounds great. Will be adding it to my list now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I love it that the interpretation doesn't have to be so literal. I always hated "Hamlet" because of Ophelia's death. Out of all the deaths, hers always felt the most senseless to me.

    The setting of Danish royalty and paparazzi makes it sound like a Gossip Girl type story, so I'm sure it'll find a market with readers who enjoyed those books.

    Thanks for introducing me to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia- I love finding out books I've not heard of.It's one of the things I enjoy the most with the WOW meme.

    Jessica- You are so welcome!

    Tere- I'm with you! Her death was the hardest and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the author does with the story. I'm not a Gossip Girl fan, but this premise sounds really good.

    Cari- It does sound like a fun read. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying for this one and have had it on my TBR for a few months. I'm sold on the premise and yes, the cover, too. Don't judge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "retellings" and this one seems like a great one! I'm really looking forward to this book. Thanks for sharing it :D

    ReplyDelete

Labels