Mundie Moms

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday- Shattered Souls

By Mary Lindsey
Published by Philomel/Penguin
To be released on December 8th, 2011

Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.

Sort of.

He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death (quoted from Goodreads).

The cover is captivating! This sounds like an awesome debut book and I'm really looking forward to reading it when it's out at the end of the year.

What book's release are you looking forward to?

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights books that we are eagerly anticipating.

14 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds good, and I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one. There are too many to list if I want to get some work done today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my list this week too! I CAN'T wait for it. The cover is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT wait for this book! The cover is gorgeous and it sounds like an intriguing story. Can't wait to read your review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one, it's going to be amazing and I loooove the cover. Gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great, and the cover is so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is SO pretty! I couldn't stop looking at it. Thanks for posting so I can add it to my list =)

    Here's my WoW post:
    http://www.violethourbr.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-323-bathrobe.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOH, great pick! This one looks and sounds like a good one. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THank you for all the comments.

    This looks like one of those books that grabs your attention with the cover and keeps your attention through out the whole story. The cover is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! This book sounds awesome -- I'm always fascinated by reincarnation. And that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you! That cover is beyond captivating, it really holds your attention. The story sounds really really awesome too.

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely i read worth while it seems I"m "waiting" for The last book in The Inheritance Cycle Series by Christopher Paolini!! you can check out my blog for my post on it.
    as always ♥, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so good & the cover is stunning. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Labels