Mundie Moms

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mundane Monday #79

Happy Mundane Monday!!! This is a SPOILER FREE quote from City of Fallen Angels. I not only love Simon in this book, but I absolutely loved the bantering between he and Jace. I know that sounds wrong to say, but the two of them had me laughing out loud a few times.


Simon shook his head as if to clear it. Since when did he know Jace well enough to be able to identify which gestures of his were characteristic? It wasn't as if they were friends. "You look lousy," he said.

Jace blinked. "Seems an odd time to start an insult contest, but if you insist, I could probably think up something good."

"No, I mean it. You don't look good."

"This from a guy who has all the sex appeal of a penguin. Look, I realize you may be jealous that he good lord didn't deal you the same chiseled hand he dealt me, but that no reason to-"

"I am not trying to insult you," Simon snapped. "I mean you look sick. When was the last time you ate anything?"

- City of Fallen Angels, page 120

9 comments:

  1. I LOVED THAT PART!! And I laughed out loud too! Thanks for the great start on a Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! I love the way those two interact sometimes too. They've done so much for each other and still act like that. It's halarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn- I did too!!

    Alexandria- You're welcome! I agree. I loved their interaction in COFA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay....I need a good read until COLS. Any suggestions? And I also loved the banter between Jace and Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this moment to ^^
    you can see more of my fav quote in my review if you like =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Jace is so snarky I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can not wait to read it!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Jace at his snarky best and Simon at, well, just his best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm about halfway through right now and I totally love their banter, too! I think Cassandra Clare just keeps getting better. I'm loving this book!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels