Mundie Moms

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wings Read Along- Chapters 15-18

Welcome to Day 5 in our Wings Read Along! If you haven't already, please be sure to download your FREE ebook of Wings from one of these sites here- Today we're discussing chapters 15-18:

Chapter 15- The Ring. After Laurel and David try an experiment, David notices Laurel is playing with something, which is the ring that Tamani gave Laurel. What do you think the ring really means? Do you think it's really a baby ring like he said in Chapter 14?

Chapter 16 & 17- Laurel's Dad. I wanted to focus on Laurel's dad for a moment, and I won't giveaway anything away, but Laurel's dad being sick has something to do with the story. Why do you think he's so sick? Do you think he's going to make it? Do you think there's something Laurel can do to help him?

Chapter 18- Laurel's Dad takes a turn for the worse, Mr Barnes shows up at the hospital and Laurel's mom acts weird, but most importantly her mother has decided to sell the land. I'm thinking that everything is connected and there's a lot more to Mr Barnes than meets the eye. What are your thoughts? Do you think everything is connected and what do you think Mr Barnes really is?

Tomorrow we'll be discussing chapters 19-22.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so now (without spoiling my review) I will say that I thought everything from this point on was a tad obvious and lacked action. I still really, really love the heart of the story and the final Tamani/Laurel scene, but to put it bluntly... yes, I saw through all the poorly kept plot-twists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 15. Oh man, that experiment, Laurel was really smart about it but I'd have been such an awkward mess during it hahaa. I'm they did it though, it saved their lives!

    That ring! I think it means much more than Tamani lead on. I have this weird theory that they were together before she agreed to have her memory erased, which would explain why Tamani feels so strongly about her and the ring could be part of it, I don't know... *shrugs*

    Chapter 16 & 17. I figured his being sick, been such a random thing had to with the story. I hope he doesn't die! I did think at first that maybe it had to do with Laurel being a plant, that maybe she had done something bad for him... But since I couldn't stop reading last night I went ahead and found out! I knew it had something to do with that....(I'll leave it for the next discussion).

    I did think Laurel was going to use her "mixing" powers at some point, I kept waiting for her to have a "revelation" or something, but it makes sense she didn't because she really hasn't been trained, and she doesn't know much about her world yet.

    Chapter 18. I already read until chapter 24 *blushes*, but before that I thought there was definitely more to Barnes that meets the eye. Ever since we first saw him he's given that weird, specially to Laurel, so yes I thought he was shady from the beginning, and I definitely though he was a bad faerie at first haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapter 15: I am not sure what to make of the ring at this point. I think it is more significant than Tamani lets on though.

    Chapter 16 & 17: It is pretty obvious that his illness has something to do with what is going on. I just wonder if it is necessary to the story...

    Chapter 18: Barnes is definitely a bad guy and he wants the land pretty badly. He knows more than he is letting on, and he is definitely up to no good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chapter 15: Maybe the ring is Laurel's that was never put on her finger as a seedling? Not sure the meaning of the ring but I'm sure we will find out soon.

    Chapter 16-17: I think it is possible that Laurel's Dad's illness has to do with her being a faerie and maybe their move from the land.

    Chapter 18: Barnes, hmm. Something is off with that guy. He has the ability to entice or something so maybe he is one of the treats that Tamani guards against at a sentinel.

    KristyZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15) I'm not one to read much into things and figure out plots beforehand, so I'm pretty sure that on my first read though I wasn't expecting much from the ring. Just assumed it was exactly what Tamani professed it to be. But with David's reaction I couldn't help but wonder if he was feeling jealous and planned on giving her a complimentary piece of some kind?!

    16) Definitely worried and wondering what the sickness means and what the final outcome will be. Having just learned that Laurel's fairy powers lend to healing-potion-making, I was predicting that this would most likely come into play.

    17) Just waiting for it to all come together and connect... Barnes (and his posse) are creepy!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels