Mundie Moms

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wings Read Along Wrap Up

This past week we enjoyed hosting our first ever Read Along, thank you to a friendly little challenge that Harper Teen put together between us and a few other wonderful blogs. The goal was to see which blog would win an exclusive access to read a story that Aprilynne wrote from Tamani's point of view. The blog who had the most down loads and active Read Along participants wins. While we've not heard who the winner is yet, we want to say THANK YOU to everyone who took part in our Wings Read Along.

Now that we've read Wings, we want to know what you're thoughts are.

1) What did you think of Aprilynne's debut book? Did you enjoy your unique spin on fairy lore?
2) Which character did you enjoy getting to know the most in Wings?
3) Have you read Spells yet? Are you planning on reading it? (if you haven't we highly recommend picking it up)
4) Have you pre-ordred your copy of Illusions yet? It will be out May 3rd, 2011

5 comments:

  1. 1. Wings was a surprisingly quick read and it was unique from so many fairy books out there. I loved the idea of the flower rather than wings.

    2. I loved Tamani and I do want to know more about him and about Avalon.

    3. No, I haven't read spells yet, but I am seriously considering picking it up. I want to know more about the world Aprilynne created.

    4. Not yet--have to read Spells first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got behind but finally I can comment. I loved the book. I wish I hadn't put it off as long as I did. I'm currently reading Spells and I'm sure I will want Illusions in May. I haven't pre-ordered it yet. I got the audio book and want to see if Illusions will be available that way too.

    I loved the fairy lore. I've never read a fae as a plant before. It was really different. Loved David and Tamani. That's such a hard pick for such different reasons. Can't wait to see Laurel does.

    StuckInBooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa- Spells is a great sequel! If you loved Wings, you'll love Spells. It takes place in Avalon.

    Valerie- I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Spells. I'm really looking forward to reading Illusions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed this take on the faery world. The book was a fast, easy read and kept my interest. I currently have Spells on my shelf to read and will also read the final book in the trilogy. It is hard for me to say which character I liked learning about the most. As with an good book, the characters all develop as the story unfolds and that is part of the intrigue. I am interested to see how Laurel balances her feelings for both David and Tamani in the next two books.

    KristyZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I did enjoy Pike's take on faeries, a lot actually. I loved Wings! And I'm very happy that I got to participate in the Read-Along, it would be cool if you could have a "Spells" one haha.

    2) Tamani! I really liked Laurel too, but I felt that the story came even more alive when he was in it. I loved his connection to Laurel and I hope that their relationship and the faerie world are further explored in the following books.

    3) I haven't! I'm hoping I can buy the e-book next week in order to be ready when "Illusions"
    comes out.

    4) I will as soon as I read "Spells".

    ReplyDelete

Labels