Mundie Moms

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA, Day 2: Blogger Interview

One of the things that many bloggers look forward to BEA for is meeting new bloggers. During BEA there are many blogger meet ups. Today for Armchair BEA we're doing our own blogger meet up interview style. Today I'm excited to introduce you to Michelle Ball from Hooked To Books:

Hooked to Books

What inspired you to start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
Other blogs! I always loved to read blogs but I was in Grad school, working full time, and coaching and just did not have the time to start one of my own. Once I finished up Grad school, I decided to start my own. I've been blogging since October 2010 - so not long at all!


What is one of your favorite books you've reviewed?
Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan. I loved it so much. I thought it was a great end to the series and at the same time was SO SAD it ended!

If you could meet up and have brunch with one author, living or deceased, who would you choose and why?
Hmmm... Probably Cassandra Clare - so I could try to get some answers from her about Mortal Instruments!


I love that you're a librarian. What is one of the things you love the most about your job?
I love getting books into my students hands! I'm always recommending books to them and love when they come back and say how much they liked it and want something else.

If you were at BEA, what is one book you'd make sure you didn't come home with out?
Oh this is hard! I've got a lot of the books from my wonderful contacts but The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and The Pledge were already gone when I requested - so probably those! (And also, so sad! I want to read them so bad!)

What are 3 things you can't live with out?
My husband (aww.. I love him!), my iPhone (it is always attached to my hand), and my MacBook. As long as I have those three things I can make it through anything. :)

Who's your favorite fictional character and why?
Oh this is a hard one! It really changes with the books I read. I LOVE Jace from Mortal Instruments. He is so cocky, and sarcastic, and funny. I also love Katniss from Hunger Games. She was so tough but at the same time cared when it was important. And lately, my favorite character is Tris from Divergent. I just loved her character and how she took a chance in joining Dauntless while still holding on to some of her past. I obviously can not pick just one!!


Thank you so much for joining us today Michelle! It was wonderful getting to "meet" you. Congratulations on graduating from Grad School! I love that you're a Librarian! I don't think our Liberian's get enough credit for the amazing jobs they do. Of course I love that you'd like to have lunch with Cassie and I love that Jace is one of your favorite characters. I would love to see Jace with Katniss and Tris together in a scene. Not as in a relationship, but I think these girls could give Jace a run for his money. THANK YOU for being with us today!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week at Armchair BEA!! You can read my interview with Michelle on her blog here.

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to check out the interview! Nice to get to know the other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview with my girl Michelle! What an awesome idea, BEA! lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- Thank you for stopping by!! I love getting to meet other bloggers as well.

    Lindsay- I enjoyed getting to meet Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for MacBooks :) Great interview--it's so nice to get to know other book bloggers! I love how so many of them are librarians. I'm jealous of them and so thankful for what they do!

    ReplyDelete

Labels