Mundie Moms

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mundane Monday #84


"Jace!" Max, the youngest Lightwood, squeezed his way around Maryse and darted into the room, evading his mother's reaching hand. "You're back! You're back!" He turned in a circle, grinning at Alec and Isabelle in triumph. "I thought I head the elevator."

"And I thought I you to say in your room," said Maryse.

"I don't remember that," said Max, with a seriousness that made even Alec smile. Max was small for his age--he looked about seven--but he had a self contained gravity that, combined with his oversize glasses, gave him the air of someone older. Alec reached over and ruffled his brother's hair, but Max was still looking at Jace, his eyes shinning. Jace felt the cold fist cleaned in his stomach relax ever so slightly. Max had always hero-worshipped him in a way that he didn't worship his own older brother, probably because Jace was far more tolerant of Max's presence." - City of Ashes pages, 12-13

5 comments:

  1. omigosh, I swear seeing that picture gave me tears....Max looks adorable and Jace with his arm around him...*sniffle* one big family...Izzy looks gorgeous as usual and Alec looks...just like he belongs :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! *sniff, sniff* I love Jace and Max in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Part!! I love Max!! I wish he stuck around a little bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this picture is just gorgeous. Wow it just looks so perfect, especially with Max in it. More *sniffs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture! Although, frankly, Max reminds me of Harry Potter ... maybe it's the glasses and the sweater. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Labels