Mundie Moms

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book News- INSURGENT by Veronica Roth


Did you hear the exciting news!?! Veronica Roth's sequel to Divergent has a title!!! INSURGENT. Divergent is one of my all time favorite dystopian books ever (nope I'm not being dramatic either), so I'm so excited to find out the title. Here's what Veronica posted on her site here:

INSURGENT. Origin:
1755–65; < Latin insurgent- (stem of insurgēns ) present participle of insurgere: to get up, ascend, rebel.

1. a person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel.
2. a member of a section of a political party that revolts against the methods or policies of the party.
3. one that acts contrary to the established leadership (as of a political party, union, or corporation) or its decisions and policies
4. (international law) a person or group that rises in revolt against an established government or authority but whose conduct does not amount to belligerency

Not all of those definitions are equally applicable to the book-- some are more spot-on than others. But I won't tell you which ones yet.

Good luck with writing Veronica! We can't wait till next year when we finally get to dive back into your fabulous world.

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard. How awesome. I just finished Divergent and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! To bad we have to wait till 2012 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited!! Divergent is my favorite read of 2011!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know when Insurgent is set to be released?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait, I'm going to go mental waiting. I get wayy to attached to my books and once their over I get almost depressed. CAN"T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I'm so glad there will be a sequel because her writing is beautiful. It sort of reminds me of The Hunger Games series with the people are categorized by skills and/or personalities. I really wish Tris's mom hadn't died because she was so nice and we didn't get to hear the answers to our questions though I hope we will in the next books. There a lot of strings to tie up and I'm sure Veronica will tie them tightly and well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can not wait this long for it to come out!!! what will i do in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FINALLY! gosh. the title. im so so excitedd. but to wait till 2011. that will be a painn. but its gonna be worth itt. ! CANT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finished reading Divergent about a week ago and picked up Insurgent the day it came out. It definately exceeded my expectations. I have been on a reading kick lately and this series is probably the best that I have read this year (I liked it more that The Hunger Games and Fifty Shades of Grey which are also popular right now). I love the character of Tris, specifically how she is independent. She has Four/Tobias as her love interest and yet she does not rely on him and often goes against his wishes to fight for what she believes in.

    ReplyDelete

Labels