Mundie Moms

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mundane Monday #92

Happy Mundane Monday!! This leads up to one of my favorite scenes in City of Bones...


...."Except you. I bet you don't want to talk to me."

"No," said Clary. "I want to eat. I'm starving."

He brought his hand out from behind his back. In it was a slightly crumpled paper bag. "I sneaked some food from the kitchen when Isabelle wasn't looking."

Clary grinned. "A picnic? It's a little late for Central Park, don't you think? It's full of-"

He waved a hand. "Faeries. I know."

"I was going to say muggers," said Clary "Though I pity the mugger who goes after you."

"That is a wise attitude, and I commend you for it," said Jace, looking gratified. "But I wasn't thinking of Central Park. How about the greenhouse?"

- City of Bones, page 307

Artwork by Kara-lija, found here.

8 comments:

  1. I have yet to start this series and can not believe how behind I am on them.... cant wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet moment before an even sweeter one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this part in the book! Yay for the midnight flower chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! And what a lovely thing happened in that green house *Sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the greenhouse scene. It's one of my favorites. I also enjoy the moments leading up to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaawwwww ;) I love how Jace was in the first three books ;)

    ReplyDelete

Labels