Mundie Moms

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday- Pandemonium

Published by Harper Teen
To Be Released on March 6th, 2012

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet (quoted from Goodreads)

I am really excited about this upcoming release, even though it's not until next year. I'm looking forward to reading more about Lena and what's in store for her next, and I love the cover. The colors they use really stand out. There's a lot of buzz swirling around this series right now due to the cover re-design, and to go with Pandemonium's cover HarperTeen will also be releasing a Limited Edition Delirium with it's matching cover on August 2nd, 2011. Personally I like both covers for Delirium, but I love it when a series has matching covers.

Lauren recently announced the new cover on site as well. Be sure to stop by her blog and share your thoughts with her.

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one,, I need it now!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am eager for this one too - I NEED to know what happens to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for this one either. Delirium was one of my favorite reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about how superb these covers are on another blog. They are just... I love. Let's put it like that. I'm definitely going to have buy myself copies.

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I picked this one for my WOW too! I can't wait to read Pandemonium -- the synopsis sounds so amazing, and I'm excited to see how much more Lena is going to grow!

    Awesome pick for your WOW, MM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to see the new Delirium cover next month. I really liked that they've making the series match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very excited about Pandemonium, but I'm a little nervous about Lena wondering if she may be "falling in love again." I'm not ready to give up on Alex yet!

    ReplyDelete

Labels