Mundie Moms

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jamie Campbell on Filming City of Bones


SciFiNow magazine out of the UK has an interview with Jamie Campbell Bower, talking about the upcoming movie City of Bones. Jamie says the movie will start filming in January 2012. While we don't have any other word yet on the rest of the cast, we understand why they've not announced anyone yet. I'm glad they're taking their time to make sure they find the perfect cast.

TMI Source posted a Q&A from the magazine:

What can you tell us about playing Jace Wayland in the forthcoming adaptation of The Mortal Instruments?

“We’re looking to start shooting in January. What I can say is that I’m incredibly lucky to play this part, and for them to cast a Brit in this role is a bold call. I feel like I owe a lot to the people who are fans of the books, so at the moment I’m knuckling down and trying to get my head around who this guy is.”

What do you guys think? I personally am thrilled to hear that Jamie is trying to understand Jace. I think that dedication will shine for him on the big screen. Plus I'm sure he's well aware of his daunting task to make sure he portrays Jace well. The poor guy has a lot of dedicated TMI fans to please.

7 comments:

  1. i think hes a great choice hes the type of actor that can adapt to a role. I could not be happier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure they picked the right actor, although I do really like Jamie. Definitely have to wait to see it before I decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's going to deliver a spot-on perfect Jace. Saw him in "Camelot" and yeah, he can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't find Jamie attractive at all. It kind of ruins it for me. I'm sure he'll do a great job and that he is good looking for many other people. Just not for me. Makes me sad! I was really looking forward to it, but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, he really needs to work a lot as his role as Jace..(work out too! haaha), but he’s actually good. i hope he can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely not what I envisioned when I thought of Jace. I thought they were spot on with Clary, but this is just a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a hard time w/ picturing Jamie as Jace, just because I've pictured Alex P since I first the series. After Cassie said that she felt he'll do a great job w/ playing Jace I've not been as worried, but I'm still anxious to see how he portrays him. I love that he's focused on really getting to know Jace. That says a lot about his acting talent to me.

    ReplyDelete

Labels