Mundie Moms

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mundane Monday #99- Jace's Mangoes

Happy Mundane Monday! Enjoy the Mangoes!


"What's this?"

"That's a mango." Simon stared at Jace. Sometimes it really is like Shadowhunters were from an alien planet.

"I don't think I've seen one of those that wasn't already cut up," Jace mused. "I like mangoes."

Simon grabbed the mango and tossed it into the cart. "Great. What else do you like?"

Jace pondered for a moment. "Tomato soup," he said finally.

"Tomato soup? You want tomato soup and a mango for dinner?"

Jace shrugged. "I don't really care about food."

And of course I can't leave out the other part of this scene. This is one of our favorite lines which makes us laugh every time we read it or hear it on the audiobook: We can totally hear Simon's surprise over this....

Simon went over to Jace and dropped the soup can into the car. "So what was all that about?"

"I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango."

"She said that?"

Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number."

- City of Fallen Angels, pages 124-125

Image found HERE

10 comments:

  1. This makes me want to reread all the books. I miss Jace and his sarcasm. I think I'm going to do that now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. I remember Cassie and everyone talking about that on Twitter before the book came out and I was like, what the heck? And then I read that line and I laughed so hard. I agree with Danielle. After I read these books on my list, I'm gonna restart the Mortal Instruments. I need Jace..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle- I always end up spending time reading the books when I look for the quotes.

    Tara- That line is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love this one. I have to agree with Danielle, it makes me want to reread the books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather- I do too! Jace & Simon's sarcasm is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to post a comment but am in a fit of giggles. <3 this and all the Twitter talk about mangoes, jelly, and Ash & Jace wrestling. Buwahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha I love this part! It make me laugh! Bless Jace's Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara- We do too!

    Marissa- LOL the twitter mango talk is hilarious! For some reason it always comes out sounding dirtier on twitter

    Amy- I know. I laugh every time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It reminds me of the sensual and sensuous zucchini scene (or was it cucumber?) from the movie Animal House, you know, the one with Mrs. Dean Wormer?

    ReplyDelete

Labels