Mundie Moms

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

By Cassandra Clare
Published by Simon & Schuster
To Be Released on December 6th, 2011
Book #2 in The Infernal Devices Series

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

With all the exciting releases this year, and aside from City of Fallen Angels this is THE book I can not wait to read! Not saying I've not been extremely excited about all the other releases, because I have, it's just this is the book I've been waiting for the most since last year. And, the special edition will include a never before seen letter from Will to his family!!

I'm also really excited to announce that we've got some fun things planned with Cassie for Clockwork Prince's release. I'm really looking forward to announcing what those are when it gets closer to our Clockwork Prince celebrations. We are also going to be hosting a Clockwork Angel Read Along, which will start towards the end of October and end right before Clockwork Prince's release. More information for that will be posted next month. I can't wait to start the Clockwork Prince celebrations.

14 comments:

  1. This is a 'WoW' in capital letters!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jem is delish!
    I can't wait for it's release. I'm looking forward to the CP celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the Clockwork Angel Read Along. I was going to reread it before Clockwork Prince came out anyway, but this will be much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremo_Delirio- I agree. CP deserves a capitol WOW

    Mocha- I'm so excited for our CP celebration and it's release. It's going to be a lot of fun.

    Creativedeeds- The read along is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to re-read it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for this book! It about broke my heart when the date was pushed back. Can't wait to join the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the first book of Cassie's that I read. I have to confess that I've already re-read CA, but that was in between reading Mortal Instruments. Still can't wait to read it again, especially along with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome choice! I have to agree with the capital WOW!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading city of bones right now. and I just can not wait for this to come out! it is crazy how bad I want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous choice! I seriously can't wait to get read this book... I'm dying to read more about Jem.
    This is My WoW.

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait for Dec. 6th, either.... *squee*

    :O Clockwork demon? Really???? OMGoodness, I wonder what kind of blade works on one of them...and what kind of protection rune and or healing rune one needs.....and....now I have waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too many questions.

    I am already fearful for Jem because these adventures sound stressful for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to say that we only have 4 more months to wait! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you get the limited edition Clockwork Prince book? Is it like City of Fallen Angels where it is only when you pre-order from Barnes and Nobles? And is Cassie signing the special editions?

    ReplyDelete

Labels