Mundie Moms

Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW (Book Blogger Appreciate Week)

Today is the start of BBAW and what a great year it's been. There's so many fabulous new blogs to follow and so many awesome bloggers we've had the chance to meet. I love that there are so many different book bloggers out there. It's so amazing to think that so many people are book bloggers all because of their love for books.

Today's BBAW theme is Community. The book blogging community is amazing. The Mundie Moms blog has definitely had it share of community support. Today I wanted to take a moment to really thank those who have at one point been apart of MM's. These are bloggers who have made an impact on MM's with their insightful reviews both on our forum & blog and have become an even bigger impact in the book blogging world.

Sophie- Who's not only my saving grace with MM's on both the blog and forum, but she's also a reviewer for Page Turners. I'm amazed at all she does. Plus she's my excuse for using #HotBoysWithSwords on the blog, since she came up with that phrase (there S, I've now used that phrase on the blog) LOL

A Blog About Nothing- Cynthia has been apart of MM's on both sites since the get go. Along with her fabulous site, she also posts reviews here on the blog, and moderates our Book of the Month Forum on the blog.

The Crocked Shelf - Carla was one of the first MM forum members who started reviewing for MM's back when the blog first started. I've always admire her brutally honest reviews.

Fire & Ice - Heather not only reviewed for Mundie Moms, but she also reviewed for Mundie Kids. I totally love Heather's blog. It's unique and creative. I admire her talent for combining photography and jewelry making with her love of books.

Page Turners Blog- I've known Amber for a few years now and it's been so much fun meeting up with her for various get together signings in the Austin and Houston areas, from Cassie Clare to Holly Black, Scott Westerfeld, Sarah Rees Brennan, Smart Chicks and more.

Reading Lark- Andrea's blog has a fabulous collection of MG, YA and Adult reviews. She also includes a variety of unique and popular memes that make her blog engaging and inviting.

Jennifer- (I need the link to her new blog) Started the forum with me and she's responsible for all of our cool graphics/banners. She's not only a book reviewer on her own site, she's also started writing. GO Jennifer! One of these days she may be back on the blog to have a live author chat with us. :)

If you haven't already, I highly recommend visiting each of these blogs!

It's amazing to think how one book can bring people together from all over the world and create lasting friendships. After I put this list together I realized that almost all of us started out on another book fan site, Twilight Moms site. That site gave us a place to go to, to discuss our love for Stephenie's series, and from there our friendships developed and continue to grow. Now we, along with a lot of other TMs have all branched out and created sites where we could continue talking about our love for books.

Now that I've gone totally off topic with my totally random comment and created a post that's probably too long and boring, I want to end it by saying THANK YOU to all of YOU wonderful bloggers and followers for making the blogging community such a fabulous place. There are so many bloggers that I've enjoyed getting to know since MM's started. You've inspired me, supported me, and you've understood me when people aren't apart of the book blogging community thought I was crazy for reading and reviewing YA books. haha (no joke). Cheers to book bloggers for making a difference in the reading community! I hope you all have a fabulous week!

6 comments:

  1. We should thank you for giving such a wonderful blog. Your site happens to be not only informative but also very imaginative too. We find a limited number of experts who can think to write technical articles that creatively. All of us are on the lookout for information on something like this. I Myself have gone through several blogs to build up on knowledge about this.We look forward to the next posts !!
    Register Website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I still have to collect my thoughts on this. I feel like so many wonderful things have already been said about the way we all blog. Thanks for such great thoughts and the links t o new (for me) blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam- Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. another collection I know nothing about, thanks for the intro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, such a sweet post. Thanks for the mention. ;D And yes, my biggest contribution to date...LOL. The HotBoyswithSwords moniker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie- Aww thank you! You're so welcome. I truly meant it :) #HotBoysWithSwords... look I used it again. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Labels