Mundie Moms

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Twitter Tuesday - Sarah Rees Brennan

We just love Sarah Rees Brennan here on Mundie Moms and we were very excited to hear about how her new gothic-style story concept came about.

So hop on over to Sarah's blog and take a look at her new feature, Gothic Tuesdays, where she will take a look at a gothic book or two each week and give her take on it. And we LOVE her takes on things.

This week, Sarah explains  Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher". Here's a sample from the very beginning:

HERO OF USHER: Just going to visit my old school friend Roddy, it'll be a jolly lark!
HERO OF USHER: ... Goddamn this is a creepy house.
RODERICK USHER: I feel extremely unwell.
HERO OF USHER: Well, a name like 'Roderick Usher' would get anyone down. Buck up, old chap!
Read the rest of the post on Sarah's blog. Happy Gothic (Twitter) Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I adore Sarah Rees Brennan--her books are seriously underappreciated in my opinion. Can't wait for her next book, which, judging on her posts, will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sarah, she is made of awesome and cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book girl - I so agree. Love the idea of her writing this story.

    Heather - She is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

Labels