Mundie Moms

Sunday, November 20, 2011

In My Mailbox #98- The Children's Book Edition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren were bloggers post about what they received the previous week in the mail to review, what they bought, borrowed, were gifted etc. Here's what arrived this week:

For Review:

Slide by Jill Hathaway, published by Balzer & Bray, to be released on March 27th, 2012

Balthazar by Claudia Gray, published by Harper Teen, to be released on March 6th, 2012

Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig, published by Katherine Teagan Books, to be released on March 13th, 2012

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams, published by Walker & Company, to be released on January 3rd, 2012, signed, came with some cool swag we'll be giving away

Dancergirl by Carol M Tanzman, published by Harlequin Teen, to be released on November 15th, 2001

39 Clues Cahills vs Vespers, The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman, published by Scholastic, released on August 30th, 2011, already read & reviewed, donating this copy to my son's school's library

39 Clues Cahills vs Vespers, A King's Ransom by Jude Watson, published by Scholastic, to be released on December 6th, 2011

39 Clues Cahills vs Vespers, Card Pack #1


Bought: (not pictured)
This week I had to resist the urge to splurge on books at my son's Scholastic Book Fair, which was harder than I thought it would be. I was surprised I only purchased a few books, which were for my kids. I can't say no to buying them books.

* Lego Ninjago: Official Guide, published by Scholastic
* Ten On The Sled by Kim Norman, published by Scholastic
* Hibernation Station by Michelle Meadows, published by Scholastic
* The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett, published by Scholastic


GIFTED (not pictured):
Thank you to Ms Sophie, my kiddos received a box full of awesomeness with these beginner and advanced reader books:

Dancing Class by Amanda Haley
Baseball Ballerina by Kathryn Cristaldi
The Giant Jelly Bear Jar by Marcia Aboff
Disney Princess, The Sweetest Spring
Disney Princess, Ballerina Princess
Disney Princess, Sealed with a Kiss
Amelia Bedelia Under Construction by Herman Parish
Thank You, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
Best Friends in Fairyland by Daisy Meadows
The Rainbow Faeries by Daisy Meadows
Littlest Red Riding Hood
Disney Princess, The Princess & The Frog, Kiss the Frog
Hello Kitty Spring Is Here by Kimberly Weinberger
Tangled, Kingdom of Colors
Fancy Nancy and the Boy From Paris by Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy Sees Stars by Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy at the Museum by Jane O'Connor
Pinkalicious School Rules! by Victoria Kann
Pinkalicious Pink Around the Rink by Victoria Kann
Olivia and Her Ducklings
Olivia Trains Her Cat
Oliver Takes a Trip
Disney Princess, The Beauty of Nature
Disney Princess, Enchanted Tales
Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
Stanley, Flat Again by Jeff Brown
Hank, The Cowdog by John. R Erickson
The Boy's Book, How To Be The Best at Everything


THANK YOU to Sophie, Harper Teen, Harlequin Teen, Scholastic and Ivy Adams for this week's awesome reads! What goodies did you receive this week?

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe you listed the books I sent. You're a goofball and I treasure our friendship. :) Pretty Crooked looks good. I'm in a decidedly contemp, chick-litish mood. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie- LOL I should have added a picture, but I was being so lazy and I would have had to track down some of the books that are already tucked away on my kid's shelves. THANK YOU for those goodies! Our treasure our friendship as well :) Let me know when you want me to send PC to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats soo many books, and all of them sound great!! Balthazar looks really good, am a big fan of the Evernight Series!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great mailbox this week! I bet your kids are happy for the big box of books for them. :)

    My IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slide and Balthazar both sound great - I haven't seen them before.

    Jessica at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA that's a lotta books! Your kids must be so lucky! I can't believe you already have the King's Ransom! I LOVE the 39 Clues series! Still, WOW. If only my mom bought me that many books! :P

    My first time participating in IMM! :) You guys are featured! :D
    http://midnightbookthief.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Labels