Mundie Moms

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger


Published by: Aladdin
To Be Released on: October 2nd, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | iTunes

Twelve-year-old Sophie has always been different -- she's years ahead of the other kids in school and can read minds. She's always assumed there's some kind of logical explanation for her talents, but when she meets an adorable and mysterious boy, she finds out the shocking truth. She's never felt at home because she, well, ... isn't.

There are secrets buried deep in her memory, secrets about her true identity and why she was hidden among humans, that others desperately want and would even kill for. And she must figure out why she is the key to her brand-new world, before the wrong person finds the answer first -quoted from Goodreads

I know I rarely featured MG (middle grade) books for my WOWs, but there's some fabulous MG's releases this year that I want to feature on here and this is one of them. Check out this awesome cover! I would seriously pick this book up based on the cover alone. I'm really looking forward to reading Shannon's debut. This is one book I'm looking forward to featuring both on Mundie Kids and here on MM's. What book are you waiting on?

17 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this one a few days ago, and I agree, it does sound really good. I don't really read a lot of MG, but I do really enjoy them once in a while. This one would definitely be one I would pick up. Here's my WoW if you want to check it out. http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-www-wednesday-1-18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't sound like a fabulous MG to sit down and read? I love reading MG. I'm off to check out your wow ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so, So, SO excited for this! I remember when Shannon first got the news. She's a fantastic lady and deserves this SO much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for Shannon! It's a beautiful cover and I can't wait to read the book.

      Delete
  4. Thrilling just seeing Shannon's name on the cover! Definitely looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's ME! Thank you guys so much--I hope you love the book as much as the cover when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!!! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to read it!!

      Delete
  6. Sounds interesting and I love the cover! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7-brave-new-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good and love the cover. Thank you! Here is my WoW: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-endure-need-4-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting and congrats Shannon! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're featuring some MG. Because there are a lot of good ones out there. Can't wait to read Shannon's book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this cover. And the book sounds really great :D Can't wait to own it. <3 Hih :) Great pick ;)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Labels