Mundie Moms

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Latest TMI MOVIE NEWS!!!


There's been a lot of exciting TMI movie news posted through out the week. Here's the low down on the exciting news posted by Cassie, Hollywood Crush and Constantin Films about when filming will start, who will direct it and YES both Lily and Jamie are still attached to the movie.

Yesterday Cassie posted on Tumblr that:

Deadline announces the new director for The Mortal Instruments, and, for those who were worrying that Lily Collins was picking up too many new roles to manage Clary, she is locked down for the August 15th shooting date I mentioned earlier. “Principal photography is expected to begin August 15th in Toronto.” *

I don’t have a release date — two different release dates were mentioned to me when I was in LA, but I don’t know which will eventually be final: it depends on which distributor Constantin goes with. Release date is the last piece of info you get before a green light — it means a studio has literally blocked a time for your film. It is legit exciting news when it happens, so keep your fingers crossed.

[Jamie’s not mentioned in the article, but he’s still attached to the project — it’s just an article about Lily and Harald, and now that all the i’s and t’s are crossed and dotted with Lily they’re probably doing the same with Jamie in terms of blocking his time. My speculation there, though.]

*They’re filming in New York too.


Here's part of Deadline's announcement:

(Los Angeles, CA) March 16, 2012 – Putting to rest weeks of rampant speculation about director and cast, Constantin Film and Unique Features announced today that Harald Zwart will direct actress Lily Collins in the hotly anticipated film adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s #1 best-selling book series “The Mortal Instruments.”

And...

Principal photography is expected to begin August 15 in Toronto. Harald Zwart, whose recent film The Karate Kid grossed over $350 million worldwide, will direct from a screenplay by Jessica Postigo and I. Marlene King, with Robert Kulzer producing for Constantin Film and Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne producing for Unique Features. Martin Moszkowicz, Constantin Film’s head of Film & TV, is executive producing.

Don't miss Cassie's exciting interview with Hollywood Crush regarding the movie and the new director. Cassie had this to say about Harald:

“Harald is awesome,” Cassie told Hollywood Crush via email. “I flew to Los Angeles to meet with him and with [producer] Robert Kulzer and [screenwriter] Jessica Postigo. Harald has more energy than anyone I have ever met. He wound up not being able to join us till about 10 at night ‘because of Vikings’ (I think this was a commercial he was filming), but when he did show up he had every single question in the world about the story and the characters. We spent an hour talking about Portals and another hour on Valentine (he is a huge fan of Valentine—maybe I should worry).

“He was an interesting unexpected choice for director to me, and initially I was worried because I kept asking, ‘Does he understand fantasy?’ but talking to him really evened out those concerns. He got the magic, and he got the characters. There was even a moment where he was talking about Magnus and he said, ‘And then Magnus meets this woman…’ and Robert, Jessica and I all said : ‘Boy.’ And he said, ‘What?’ And we said ‘Boy. Magnus is gay.’ And he stared like we were crazy and said, ‘I KNOW. I was only going to say he met this woman and she hired him to help him with her daughter! Of course Magnus is gay.’ And he waved his arms and yelled ‘Magnus is fabulous!’ So I thought, ‘I like you.’”

On casting:

“We talked about actors for Jocelyn and Valentine and the other adults,” she revealed. “I can’t really say who was discussed; I am sure they would shoot me. But I did love the suggestions. And we talked about Simon. Everybody loves Lily Collins, and she has what’s called ‘meaningful consultation’ regarding the casting of Jace and Simon. She already used it to advocate for Jamie Campbell Bower, who everyone agreed she had an amazing audition with. There is an actor she likes for Simon that a lot of my fans love, and I can’t say who, though I do think his schedule might be a bit booked! There are other actors we discussed too, some really adorable guys. Lily has good taste, I think! It’s fun stuff sitting around tossing around all these actors’ names, but of course in the end it comes down to who is available when and how they test with Lily, especially with the shoot date coming up.”

On being apart of the process:

“It was a great meeting to have—I have always entirely expected to be completely left out of the film-making process, so it’s been amazing to be included,” she enthused. “I said that during dinner and the producer turned to me and said, ‘I gave up my tickets to “The Hunger Games” premiere to be here! That’s how important this is.’ I was like: holy crap. That IS a big deal!”

According to TMI Source, Constantin Films had this to say:

A film of “Mortal Instruments” is currently in development. The producers of the the film adaptation of “The Mortal Instruments” are expecting to make a big announcement about the project in coming weeks. One of the producers, Robert Kulzer from Constantin Film, did express his enthusiasm about his collaboration on the film project with Cassandra Clare: “Everyone working on the film is really excited to be in business with Cassandra Clare, one of the most brilliant, prolific and successful authors of our time. And we congratulate Cassandra on her new book series.”

This news is SO EXCITING! I feel like shouting FINALLY!! Wanting to see the green light on this movie for a few years now has taught me a lot of patience. HAHA. So, it looks like I need to plan my trip to NYC for August :)

4 comments:

  1. This is very exciting jump up and down news!! So glad to see that things are finally moving forward! Thanks for being so awesome and keeping us all updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm jumping up and down with you. I am so excited about this.

      Delete
  2. AHHHHHH!!!! I can't believe this is actually happening! I can't wait to stalk the internet for "on the set" pictures and rumors of the cast members dating each other. EEP!

    ReplyDelete

Labels