Mundie Moms

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Surrender by Elana Johnson


By: Elana Johnson
Published by: Simon Pulse
To Be Released on: June 5th, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Forbidden love, intoxicating power, and the terror of control…

Raine has always been a good girl. She lives by the rules in Freedom. After all, they are her father’s rules: He’s the Director. It’s because of him that Raine is willing to use her talent—a power so dangerous, no one else is allowed to know about it. Not even her roommate, Vi.

All of that changes when Raine falls for Gunner. Raine’s got every reason in the world to stay away from Gunn, but she just can’t. Especially when she discovers his connection to Vi’s boyfriend, Zenn. Raine has never known anyone as heavily brainwashed as Vi. Raine’s father expects her to spy on Vi and report back to him. But Raine is beginning to wonder what Vi knows that her father is so anxious to keep hidden, and what might happen if she helps Vi remember it. She’s even starting to suspect Vi’s secrets might involve Freedom’s newest prisoner, the rebel Jag Barque... -quoted from Goodreads

I loved Possession and I'm really looking forward to picking this sequel up when it's out! I need to know what's going to happen after all those twists that were revealed in book 1. What book are you waiting on?

19 comments:

  1. I'm super waiting for this too. I'm planning on interviewing Elana when it releases. And I've pre-ordered the book for my daughter. She might not talk to me if I didn't. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I can't wait to read your interview with Elana!!

      Delete
  2. I like this new cover for Surrender, much prettier than Possession. I don't know how I'll feel about the first book, but the series definitely SOUNDS interesting. :)

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the covers for these. They're totally different and they're catchy.

      Delete
  3. I have to say that I'm not sure what's going on with that synopsis - maybe I need to read the first book? Very interesting.

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW pick here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely read Possession. It will make more sense after you read it. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Possession, but this book sounds interesting. The cover is beautiful, and I love the name Raine.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really enjoy it Kathryn. It's a fun read.

      Delete
  5. I need to pick up Possesion! This book sounds great! My Wow: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-before-i-wake-soul.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Possession too! What an ending!!! Can't wait for Surrender! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know! That ending was awesome and I'm hoping Surrender picks up right where it left off.

      Delete
  7. Gosh, that cover is simply lovely! I haven't read the first though, so I need to catch up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Both covers for this series are fabulous. Yes, definitely pick up this series. The first book is awesome

      Delete
  8. Awesome pick!! I loved Possession and I am really excited for Surrender!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series sounds so intriguing! I saw possession at the book store the other day and now definitely want to check it out. Glad to know there will be a second instalment coming out just around in the corner, so if I love it I won't feel too bad about having to wait for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Labels