Mundie Moms

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Latest City of Bones Movie News


Whoosh went our Google alert as the news hit about "City of Bones" latest movie news. You can read the article here on indiewire in its entirety.

What I like is Cassie's response to it on her tumblr here & here:
The main thing that is confirmed truth here is that Sony/Screen Gems is distributing The Mortal Instruments movie, and the release date is set for August 23, 2013. I’ve seen people say “That’s so far off!” but as the article says “That gives new director Harald Zwart a little over a year and four months to cast, prep, shoot and edit “The Mortal Instruments.” It really isn’t that much time — at all!

“Expect casting notices for “The Mortal Instruments” to drop soon” is I imagine what everyone will instantly fixate on. :D As for the part about Jamie, what I know is that they’re in negotations about his contract. That’s it, that’s all I know. You can ask me till you’re blue like a Smurf and I won’t know more. :)

[And if you’re excited about the movie, tell them in the comments! It makes the movie people happy and happy movie people work faster. :D)] And be happy. You’ve been waiting ages and things are happening and that is good.

6 comments:

  1. I reaaaaaaaallyyyyy want this movie to be awesome! It would be even ok for me, if they would release it in 2 years, if it's what it takes to make the movie awesome!! I'd love to go for casting, too bad I live in Germany and not 18 yet.....anyway, I bet they will do great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very, Very, VERY exciting!!!!!' work faster movie peeps, work FASTER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria - A TMI fan as part of the cast would be awesome!!!

    Mindy - :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited we have a year and month for movie release...August 2013...not excited that I will be getting older..hehe!! But all good things come to those who are patient. I have to steer away from these teasers for COLS. I just keep checking my widget, so painful..hehe!! Anyhoo, I will be ripping my parcel open when my book arrives.No doubt I will be like last again...Australia why?? I will be playing The Pointer Sisters....and happy dancing in around 31 days...or a week or so after that by the time I get my copy. Who knew at my age I would be so excited everytime a Cassandra book glides into my hemosphere.....

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited as well! That means it's finally happening!!! :)


      LOL- I love how excited you are about COLS! We're right there with you ;)

      Delete
  5. My only comment is PLEASE recast Jace. I want to be able to go see the movie without it ruining my mental image of my favorite YA book hero. Actually I won't take the chance on that happening if they don't recast. I have read these books more times than I can count and intend to keep doing it (and listening to the audios). Perhaps that is what a great author does when they paint such an incredible picture of a character. How about the guy on the upcoming book cover? Is he real or painted?

    ReplyDelete

Labels