Mundie Moms

Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's OFFICIAL: Jonathan Rhys Meyers IS Valentine!

*UPDATE: Say hello to the newest TMI movie cast member! It's OFFICIAL, The Mortal Instruments movie page has posted a picture of Jonathan on their page as Valentine!! 


Rumors have been circling that Meyers is the most recent actor to join the cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as VALENTINE! You guys know how excited I am about this, however, it's not been entirely confirmed that he is in fact in the movie. Today IndieWire has reported that Jonathan is in the movie. Here's what they said:

"Since the successful debut of the “Twilight” franchise, and especially in the aftermath of “The Hunger Games,” studios have been rushing to find the next big thing in the young adult genre, and Screen Gems is betting big on Cassandra Clare’s “The Mortal Instruments” saga. Set to begin shooting in Toronto in a few weeks, the film has found its lead villain in Jonathan Rhys Meyers."

And they go on to say:

"Meyers will play the big bad of the piece, Valentine Morgenstern the leader of the Shadowhunters rebellion long believed to be dead but is back to finish what he started, and he’s being backed up by Kevin Durand and wrestler Robert Maillet. The “Match Point” actor is no stranger to franchises, having appeared in J.J. Abrams’ “Mission: Impossible III,” but this will probably be his most high-profile role on the big screen in a bit of time, though he's been leading "The Tudors" on TV to some acclaim."

What do you guys think? Once we hear from Cassie I'll put an official confirmation in the post, but since this is the studio who reportedly tweeted this, I'd venture to guess this rumor has been laid to rest, and Jonathan is indeed part of the movie. *dances around with excitement and now wait to get the official word*

18 comments:

  1. OHMYGOODESS I love him! He's spectacular in August Rush, and I had a huge crush on him <3 I can't see him playing Valentine though, so it'll be interesting how it turns out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see him play Valentine, though I think he looks a little young to play him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this news is true.

      Delete
  2. I really really really hope this is true, but that's not the official Sony Pictures twitter. This is: http://twitter.com/SonyPictures and they have not yet said anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Are you serious? That's what I get for tweeting too quickly and having too much going on today and not checking my resources like I normally do.

      Delete
  3. Nah, really? I fell in love with him in Bend it like Beckham. I can't see him playing Valentine, though; he looks too much like a good guy to me, and in my mind, Valentine is older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, but I'm looking forward to finding out if this is indeed a true rumor.

      Delete
  4. Whatever Jonathan Rhys Meyers decides to do, he can be assured of my faithfulness and support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I love him so I would be happy to see him in any role. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoon if he is this :) Loved him since Bend it Like Beckham .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to watch that movie to see why everyone is talking about him and his role in it.

      Delete
  7. he'd be great for this... he makes a really convincing villain... and i'm sure they could age him a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely amazing at what they can do with make up and making people look older.

      Delete
  8. I love this guy! I think he's a little too young to play Valentine, but at the end of The Tudors they made him look older so it'd be interesting to see how they did it.

    I couldn't picture it at first, but I can now. And I hope he ends up playing Valentine! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! i'm excited, i can't stop smiling!
    However i thinks it's seems official because is already in the official page of the movie, see? http://www.themortalinstrumentsmovie.com/

    but anyway i'll wait till Cassie says something about it!
    Thanks for sharing the news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this comes to be true! I loved him in Showtimes the Tudors TV series!! *crosses fingers* Thanks for sharing! :)
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete

Labels