Mundie Moms

Friday, August 10, 2012

TMI Movie Casting News: Valentine

Via Cassie's (exciting post) we officially have VALENTINE *jumps up and down with excitement* He's going to be a little hard not to like, don't ya think?!



So this is not me posting news so much as confirming the rumors: YES, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is going to play Valentine. http://www.themortalinstrumentsmovie.com


I’ve liked JRM since he was in Velvet Goldmine and I have to admit that image was what sprang immediately to mind when the producer called me and said “…Jonathan Rhys Meyers?”
I was like, “Velvet Goldmine!”
And Robert, who is German and very practical, was like, “I hope you have seen things he is in since then or I will assume you do not go to the theater.”
So yes I should probably also mention that JRM plays Henry the 8th on The Tudors, and does a very good job of being charismatic, power-hungry, and cold.

Did Henry the Eighth own unbuttoned white shirts? *see Cassie's post to see the picture* And unlaced pants? Either way I suppose we now see why Valentine got so many people to follow his crazy schemes. I suspect by the end of the movie everyone will be going “Just do what that good-looking guy tells you to do, you crazy kids!”
I should probably also mention that he was great in Match Point and Bend it Like Beckham and lots of my other favorite movies. So, in sum: Ireland, we have cleaned you out of   your hot men. Sorry about that. You can have them back in three months when they’re done filming. In the meantime, Sarah Rees Brennan has offered to go onset and paint shamrocks on all the trailers.
[Also I apologize for my absenteeism these past few days. I hate it when there are rumors and I can’t confirm them so I decided to pretend to be dead until I got the confirmation letter news, which was very good for Clockwork Princess, on which I got a lot of revision work done, if not necessarily for my sanity.]
And because I still love Velvet Goldmine (watch it if you haven’t)

Now we can let the fan girls screams and dancing around with excitement begin! 

8 comments:

  1. Can I make my self sound old and say I pictured Valentine a little older? By say 10 years? Geez! I'm only 29! I'm only cranky cause he's hot and we're supposed to relate to the younger characters. (not have dirty thoughts about the bad guy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really wanting Simon Baker to play Valentine. JRM is way too young looking. I'm pretty nervous about this movie now that all the casting is done. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Gosh, the castings are super gooood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I think they should have gone with someone a little older, who's at the very least 40, for the Jace/Valentine relationship to be believable. JRM is only 11 years older than JCB. How's that going to work, exactly? Don't get me wrong, I think Jonathan is very talented, but I'm 40 and even I don't look old enough to be a parent to JCB. How is a 35 year-old supposed to accomplish that, especially one who looks so youthful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we're going for the bad guy again. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. O. M. G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *faints on keyboard*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagined Valentine looking a bit older. But Meyers is a very talented actor. I'm sure he can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand what is the issue with JRM looking young once he has his hair dyed and they add some makeup he will look fine. Besides the guy that is going to be Luke is even younger and no one has said anything. I believe the choice is perfect because as I recall from the books Clary describes Valentine as young but his light hair and battle scars makes him look older. Jonathan is a great choice and I'm looking forward to the movie...

    ReplyDelete

Labels