Mundie Moms

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TMI Movie News!


It's an exciting day for TMI fans! We not only found out who is cast as ALEC, we have an OFFICIAL TMI MOVIE SITE!!! This movie is real! It starts filming in 20 days and will be out in theaters next August! I know, I can't wait! Now we all have a place to go to keep up with all the latest casting news... check out this AWESOME site!

Here's what Cassie says about the site:


So I am excited to announce the launch of http://www.TheMortalInstrumentsMovie.com where you’ll be able to find up to date casting information, information on the characters themselves, bits and bobs about the world of the Mortal Instruments, and so forth. Right now it features mainly the characters — you can see who has been cast and who isn’t cast yet — and it’ll expand outward to feature more about the film as the production progresses.


I am especially excited because this means there’s a definitive site you can go to to check casting information that is NOT IMDB and is guaranteed to be correct. And that does not require you to go back through my tumblr and endure photos of my cat.


Also it feels, along with the casting, like HOLY CRAP THIS MOVIE IS REAL. Like we will have set photos and prop pictures and God only knows what else to look at in the upcoming year. It’s so cool!



Say hello to ALEC aka Kevin Zegers!  Let's right, the media sites that leaked this news last week were right, BUT regardless of who leaks it, I will never post news unless I hear it from Cassie first. I'm so excited we have ALEC!


Here's what Cassie said about his casting:

So yes, thank goodness, finally, all the paperwork is signed and I can tell you that YES IN FACT, YES ACTUALLY Alec is going to be Kevin Zegers. 


So in fact the gossip sites got it right but at the time there was no signed paperwork and he wasn’t actually cast yet so — there wasn’t anything I could say. Especially after we already had one Alec and lost him. So really I’ve been ripping out my hair since then. I think there are just pieces left.
Kevin was actually one of the first actors approached to play Alec but his schedule didn’t work with the filming originally so they went with someone else; then the scheduling changed once again and it didn’t work for Alec Mark Two, but did work for Kevin. Such are the vagaries of casting.


I’ve always liked Kevin, since Transamerica, and I had him on my website for Sebastian for ages which is funny in retrospect because now I’ve seen him play Alec so I think he’s much too nice for Sebastian. 


One of the things I really liked about Kevin was that one of Alec’s audition scenes was the scene where Alec shouts at Clary in City of Bones and tells her she endangered Jace’s life. And a lot of the actors who auditioned played it yelling and really mean so you just thought, boy, Alec. What a jerk that guy is. Kevin played it with a quiet sort of intensity that grew through the scene so you could see through the cracks of the anger and think: wow, this guy is really scared and vulnerable. Because that is the Alec people love.


Also he will not have to wear contacts to get Alec’s baby blues because he already has them. Which is just a fortunate plus.


So yes, welcome Kevin!

What do you guys think? I thought he looked a little old originally, but some of these pictures look ALECish to me. Either way, Cassie is thrilled by the casting choice and I'm excited to see what he brings to the big screen.

3 comments:

  1. He is a great actor, but I agree that he looks a bit too old for the part. Hopefully with some movie magic he will look the right age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen him in several movies and he's always done a wonderful job. I realize he's older but lots of actors are - look at Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley on The Vampire Diaries; need I say more? - and Kevin's gorgeous with beautiful eyes to boot. My oldest daughter and I are ecstatic to hear he's playing Alec!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I am a little bit disappointed in the casting of Alec but guess we'll have to wait and see how he portrays him. I might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Labels