Mundie Moms

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book Review: Entice by Jessica Shirvington


Published by: Sourcebooks Fire
Released on: September 4th, 2012
Source: ARC from publisher to review
4.5 stars: I Really Enjoyed It!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels. 

Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever. 

The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed. - quoted from Goodreads


A thrilling sequel full of suspense, fueled by passion, and filled with enticing plot twists. Jessica Shirvington exceeded my expectations with this book. She not only surprised me with the turn of events that plays out, but she emotionally hooked me with all that happens. You know an author has done a great job with their character development when there are times you find yourself wanting to yell at some of the characters over their blindness of what was going on, and other times you wish you could push two of the characters together and tell them to get over their foolishness and kiss and make up. There were times I was completely frustrated with the characters over their decisions making and lack of decision, and other times I was laughing out loud over some of the things they said or did. There were some fabulous moments left me sighing, that made up for some of the other not so stellar scenes between Lincoln and Violet. 

I enjoyed the romance that takes a back to seat to the more action packed, suspense filled story line. The romance between Lincoln and Violet is great, and I liked the role it played in the storyline. It's their motivator in doing some of the things they do. Violet for me was a character I grew a little frustrated with during the mid part of the book, because of some of the things that happened. I wanted her to confront the person who was the source of her distraction, but understood why she didn't. Even though I was internally yelling at her to say what was on her mind and let him have it. The relationship developments in this book are fabulous! Much like the characters, I felt their frustrations, happiness, hope, irritations, heartbreak and elations. Over all I really liked the character development that took place in ENTICE. I love that the things that I was frustrated with and other things that didn't quite add to me all made sense to me in the end.

Jessica did a fabulous job at creating diversions, and plot twists that kept me on my toes, and in the end she tied everything together perfectly.  I liked that the surprising turn a previous character has in this book. Though I did get my "I knew it!" moment at the end, the act of betrayal from one of the characters was one I had my guesses about through out the book, but couldn't be sure about. When it was finally revealed in the manner it was, it was a little shocking. I enjoyed the new cast of characters that were introduced and ended up playing a huge role in this storyline. I think fans of this series will really enjoy the direction this book goes. There's a lot that happens in this book. Don't let the size fool you. It's fast paced, packed with awesomeness and it leaves me wanting the next book in the series already. I definitely recommend picking this on up!

If you're in Austin today, stop by the Austin Teen Book Festival to come meet Jessica!

Stop by my Lincoln Day post to find out some of Lincoln's secrets here

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed this book too. I have the next installment on my bookshelf so I'll need to get to that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait for the next installment. It gets released here in the US after the beginning of the year. You'll have to let me know what you think!

      Delete

Labels