Mundie Moms

Sunday, September 23, 2012

TMI Movie Set Visit


I am home, and excited to do a quick post about my whirlwind/unforgettable trip. I don't think this trip could have gone any better than it did. From dinners, to hanging out with friends, visiting Simon & Schuster CA, walking around Toronto & visiting the movie set. This is a trip I will not forget. 

Friday was an AMAZING experience! Well, that's a bit of an understatement. Getting to visit The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie set was the most incredibly thing I have gotten to do. 

Though I am heavily embargoed on what I can say, I can tell you that this cast and crew is AMAZING and so PERFECT in bringing to life the world that Cassandra Clare has created. I am so giddy to talk to you about this entire experience when I am allowed to. Trust me when I say this cast is PERFECT!!! 

Here's a few things I am allowed to show you from the trip:


When we arrived on set, we were each treated with a set of the TMI bracelets we've all been hearing about. I love that they not only say The Mortal Instruments, Toronto 2012, but they have a RUNE on them!


We were treated to personalized, signed copies of City of Bones from the cast. Yes, some fangirl dancing and squeals might have been heard. 

Some of my friends were treated to marriage proposals from Robbie, and I was treated with a declaration of his love. Robbie, Love you too! Cassie, you know I love you more than Robbie, just don't tell him. LOL 


One of the coolest things about this visit that I can share with you was this! They gave each of us chairs (no we didn't get to keep the chairs), and we got to take the chair backs home!!! Now I'm on the hunt for chair so I can put this out in my office. This is my favorite thing from the set visit. 

This was such an amazing, amazing experience. Thank you to Sony Pictures, Constantin Films, Cassie, the entire cast, the whole crew and to the fabulous ladies of the TMI Toronto Takeover who made this trip so memorable. 
Now that I'm sitting here on Sunday morning, hours after getting in I'm wondering if this really happened or if it was a dream. This trip could not have been any more perfect! THANK YOU!!!

Stay tuned for more info soon!!

P.S.- Alyssa, thank you for being the best partner in crime! ;) 

15 comments:

  1. You lucky lucky things! Marriage proposals from Robbie? Declarations of Robbie's love? Yup, I'm JEALOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO freaking amazing! So jealous! I love that chair back too, def a memorable keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seriously was!! The chair back is being framed if I can't find a chair for it. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds fantastic and I can't wait to hear all about it in person(hopefully next weekend).So happy that you got to do this - you worked hard to build this site and now you get to reap the rewards... even though I am a bit (okay a lot) jealous that Robert is declaring his love for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you next weekend! I won't be able to say anything about my set visit other than what I've already mentioned, but I can totally talk about my trip to Toronto. ;)

      THANK YOU so much for that huge compliment! I seriously really appreciate that. It was such an honor to be invited to the set and I'm still flattered that I was one of the sites that got to go.

      LOL Robbie's comments in each of the books were hilarious. I totally accept his declaring his love for me, though I would gladly share his love with you. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the chair back/bracelets and siggys, but mostly I love that you had a chance to go and experience this!! An awesome reward for your tremendous hard work in making MMs the rockin' site it is today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Sophie!! It was seriously the most amazing thing!! THANK YOU sooo much!! I can not wait for when I'm able to tell you every little detail about the set trip. THANK YOU!! your comment means a lot!

      Delete
  5. Katie!! I can feel your giddiness and excitement!! I can only imagine it was an experience of a life-time...and Robbie declaring his love for you girls was probably the icing on the cake...I LOVE that guy!! I'd be declaring my love for him! lol! I can't wait to hear the details once that pesky embargo is lifted but knowing how you feel about everything makes me feel so much better about the movie! AND, one last time...it was SOOOO great meeting you! I'll forever be indebted to you for inviting me along to the dinner with Cassie! I nearly pee'd my pants when the girls told me who was coming to dinner! LOL! Hope to see you again sometime!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Robbie apparently will have many of us fighting over him now after that. This whole trip was amazing! It was seriously so wonderful getting to meet you! Who would have thought having dinner together with Cassie would have been possible. So glad you were able to come!! It was seriously a highlight getting to see you and finally meet you. I hope we get to do it again!

      Delete
  6. Amazing! I bet that was the experience of a life time. Okay, hahaha I just saw Michele above me used the same phrase, but it's so true! I'm glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEY!!!!! Im so excited this happen to you Katie. With all the hard work you do for TMI, you DESERVED this. I bet this is a story to tell your grandkids. cant wait to here more details soon.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Yara!!! I really, really appreciate that. :) It's seriously was more than a dream come true, the entire experience/trip. I can't wait to talk more about it when I'm able to. :) XO's!!

      Delete
  8. So exciting that you got to visit the set!! That had to have been the best thing ever! Thanks for keeping us all updated on all things TMI.

    ReplyDelete

Labels