Mundie Moms

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Twitter Tuesday - Julie Cross


You guys know that I'm a huge fan of time travel stories, I think I blame my love for them because of that moment in second or third grade when I picked up Edward Eager's Half Magic and I was transported to a lazy English summer and a group of siblings who find a mysterious coin which allows them to time travel.

So it's no surprise that Julie Cross' Tempest Trilogy has me on the edge of my seat. I adore her time traveling protagonist, Jackson, and his ability in Vortex gets to be used in a very different way -- he joins a special division of the CIA. Can you hear me clapping my hands? I love, love, love special agent plots.

Why am I going on about this? Because the sequel to Tempest, Vortex, is released today. I encourage you to go on and buy this series because if you love a boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl, boy-gets-caught-up-in-a-unbelievably-twisty-government-plot-where-there-are-no-good-guys...yeah, you'll be zipping through pages screaming to yourself, "Wait, this cannot end here!"

Now besides the Tempest Trilogy, Julie has another project that she's working on with (none other than) the model on the cover of Tempest and Vortex, Mark Perini. And boy, are their gchats hysterical. Julie tweets a link to them about once a week. Check them out here.

I'll post my 5-star review of Vortex later this week along with a signed copy giveaway of a paperback edition of Tempest. In the mean time, you can enter to win a personalized, signed copy of both Tempest and Vortex on Julie's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels