Mundie Moms

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead


By: Richelle Mead
Published by: Razorbill
Released on: February 12th, 2013
Source: bound arc from publisher to review
5 Stars: I LOVED It!
Series: Bloodlines #3
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood


I totally admit I wanted to read The Indigo Spell for Adrian. Well, that I also wanted to find out what Sydney was going to do. She about killed me at the end of The Golden Lily, which I recently reviewed here. She more than made up for it with the ending of this book! *fist bumps the air* This storyline takes us deeper into the history of all that Sydney has been taught. Let's just say, nothing is what it is seems. Sydney has to decide where she wants to stand once all of the lies and betrayals that are finally uncovered. This plot line was definitely a lot more twisted than the previous two books, and it was fantastic! There's shocking betrayals, HOT character chemistry, and plenty of action that had me reading this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

I'll be honest, I had a rough time with Sydney through out this entire book. While I didn't have any issues w/ her in The Golden Lily, other than the fact I wanted her to just admit her loved Adrian, this time around her indecision was too dragged out for me, and really got on my nerves to the point I felt bad for Adrian and wanted him to move on (okay not really). Thankfully Adrian's a very patient guy. Why yes, I am an extremely impatient person, and I wanted to see Adrian and Sydney together, but that's beside the point. I felt like Sydney toyed with his emotions a little too much, BUT, I also got why Sydney was so torn. I admire her for looking for truths and answers with what she was raised to believe, how she really really felt about Adrian, and what she discovers from all that Marcus tells her. It's a lot to take in. I loved how Adrian slowly but surely broke down her tight control. All I can say is Richelle rewarded my patience with a holy hotness batman scene and plenty of moments in between with Adrian and Sydney that kept me turning the pages. I love the character chemistry these two have.

Oh Adrian! I didn't think I was going to love his character anymore than I already did from The Golden Lily, but he really surprised me in this book. He made me love him even more. He grows even more as a character, which I didn't think it was possible to do. What really made me fall even harder for him, was the way he was with Sydney. He lets her think he's backed off from invading her life, and making her fall for him, because let's face it, Sydney's been in love with Adrian for as long as Adrian has been in love with her. While it irked me to end that Sydney kept on pushing him away, and kept on telling him it wouldn't work, and then would turn to him and ask for help, I loved that Adrian stayed very much apart of her life. When that one HOT scene FINALLY happens, she too knows she can not deny what's between them. Adrian, Adrian, Adrian! What's not to love about him? What I loved about Adrian is how protective he is of Sydney, that he allows her to work out her own issues and patiently waits for her to admit she loves him. He's loyal, always there for her, wants to be a better person/vampire for her, and who could resist a character like that? Plus, he's funny. That scores even more points in my book.

This is a must read for fans of this series! I can not wait to read more Adrian and Sydney. Judging by that shocking twist at the end of the book, I have a feeling things are going to become much more complicated for the two of them.

2 comments:

  1. I am most of the way through this book and I am LOVING it! Adrian is an amazing character and I totally ship Sydrian haha.

    ReplyDelete

Labels