Mundie Moms

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book Review: Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter


Published by: Hyperion Teens
Released on: 2/5/13- TODAY
Series: Heist Society #3
Source: book from publisher to review
5 stars: I LOVED IT! 
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Add it to Goodreads

Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it’s that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting—or stealing—whatever they want.

No matter the risk, the Bishops can always be counted on, but in Hale’s family, all bets are off when money is on the line. When Hale unexpectedly inherits his grandmother’s billion dollar corporation, he quickly learns that there’s no place for Kat and their old heists in his new role. But Kat won’t let him go that easily, especially after she gets tipped off that his grandmother’s will might have been altered in an elaborate con to steal the company’s fortune. So instead of being the heir—this time, Hale might be the mark. 

Forced to keep a level head as she and her crew fight for one of their own, Kat comes up with an ambitious and far-reaching plan that only the Bishop family would dare attempt. To pull it off, Kat is prepared to do the impossible, but first, she has to decide if she’s willing to save her boyfriend’s company if it means losing the boy. 

My review, the shortened version: 

I LOVED THIS BOOK! GO PICK IT UP!

My review, the full version: 

I seriously love this series and loved what Ally did with Kat and Hale's storyline. I don't know what else to add to what I mentioned in my shortened review. I mean, I have plenty to say, but I can't talk in detail about the awesomeness of Kat & Hale, and Ally's writing without given sounding like a rambling fangirl. There is something about Ally's writing that I fall victim to every time I sit down to read one of her books. My intended goal of reading for a few minutes turns into many more and minutes then a hour, then two, and then I'm finished with the book. I can't help myself. I'm addicted to Kat & Hale's story, and Ally's writing. This story, like the other two books in the series is fabulous! It's one of my all time favorite series. 

Okay let's be honest, we all adore Kat, but we all love Hale. This is the first time in the series where I've felt like Ally really allowed me to see the vulnerable side of Hale. I admit, it left me a little heartbroken, and like Kat, really worried about the direction this broken boy was going to take. In true Hale fashion, he also completely surprised me. Oh Hale. Boy does he ever make me want to slap him, and hug him all at the same time. I think I was about as shocked as Kat was over a few of his scenes and how he acts and treats her. Though it it understandable that there is something going on and I loved Kat for being the strong one and not giving up on him. 

Kat. I didn't think I could love her anymore than I already did, but Ally made her this incredibly strong, stubborn character who was on a mission to figure out what was really going on with Hale. I swear Kat is one con artist you can't out con, and this time around her entire family is behind her, helping her uncover what's going on at Hale Industries. Aside from loving Kat and Hale, I adore Kat's family! Each of the characters who make up her family add just the right touch of family dynamics, humor and smarts that even though they're con artists, they have this great family relationship I enjoy getting glimpses off, whether it be in Uncle Eddie's kitchen, on the job, or some place else. 

Oh the romance! It's one those romances that makes you yearn for those stolen glances and secret moments that Kat and Hale have together. It's sweet, fragile, complex, and a little something more. I should have known based on how Perfect Scoundrels started, giving readers a glimpse into the first time Hale and Kat meet, how this storyline was going to go. Hale and Kat had me from that moment at the window, on. I enjoyed how that first meeting and their relationship play a crucial role with this story. One of my favorite jokes with Kat's family involves a wager of goats. You'll know why I love it when you read it. ;) Yes it has something to do with their relationship and no cheating and reading the last page of the book, because you won't get the joke until you read the scene the joke starts in.

Perfect Scoundrels is a that perfect read when you're wanting to sit down with a good book, who's storyline takes you out of the real world for a bit. It gives you real characters you wish you could crawl into the book and hang out with, exciting world travels rip with danger, and a sweet romance that leaves you anticipating what will happen next with Kat and Hale. Above all you'll get an an entertaining storyline you won't be able to get enough of. I HIGHLY recommend picking this book up today!

Don't miss my interview with Ally! Find out where Ally said Kat and Hale would go to get away from everything they deal with in Perfect Scoundrels, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels