Mundie Moms

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Twitter Tuesday - Rachel Hawkins

Hex Hall by Leesa M.

Rachel Hawkins gave all of us Hex Hall fans a big, happy Valentine's Day pressie -- an extra scene featuring Sophie and Archer. *sigh* And that chemistry we loved between them? Guess what? It's still there. Here's a snippet from the very beginning:
Rachel: As a Valentine’s Day Treat, please to enjoy a certain couple from the Hex Hall series enjoying their first Valentine’s Day. If you haven’t read the last book and don’t know who Sophie ends up with, beware spoilers. :) ”So.”

“Yup.”
“This is Applebee’s.”
“It is indeed.”
Archer frowned as he turned the pages of his menu. “I didn’t expect so much of the food to come in skillets.”
Laughing, I stabbed at the lemon in my ice water with my straw. “I don’t think you properly prepared for the glamour that is Applebee’s, Cross.”
He was still puzzling over his menu. “They really like the word ‘sizzlin.’”
“It was your idea to come here,” I reminded him. “I told you we didn’t need to do Valentine’s Day-,”
“Oh, we are doing Valentine’s Day.” Archer laid down his menu and linked his fingers, studying me across the table. His dark hair was falling over his forehead and he was grinning, and ugh, it really was unfair for one guy to be that cute.

You can read the rest of the story on Rachel's tumblr. And don't forget that School Spiritsamazon | Barnes and Noble | IndieBound; add to goodreads) is coming out on May 14th. Wow, that's so soon and I can hardly wait to get back into Rachel's dark, magical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels