Mundie Moms

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


By: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Penguin Teen
To Be Released on: 9/17/13
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new


Stephanie is one of the first YA authors who got me to fall in love with contemporaries. I love her writing, her characters, and well, everything about her previous books. I can not wait to get my hands on Isla's story. Also, I totally love the new covers. I'm normally not a new cover fan, but I like what Penguin has done with her new covers.

What book are you waiting to get your hands on?

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this one too. I don't always love contemporaries but I really enjoy Stephanie Perkins' books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of torn on the cover change...On one hand, I think they're beautiful and less embarrassing to tote around in public, but on the other hand, they say nothing about the book other than the city they're set in. I think I would be more of a fan if I didn't own the two previous covers. :P Either way, I can't wait for this one either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNA is one of my few favorite contemporaries, although I am not a fan of LOLA (believe me, it was a shock to me too). Still, I'll be interested to see where Stephanie takes the story with ISLA. Great pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying for Isla!!

    p.s. I spoke with Stephanie - it's pronounced "eye-la" NOT "ees-la" - just in case anyone gets it wrong like I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about this lately. Hopefully I'll be able to read Anna and the French Kiss soon. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels