Mundie Moms

Monday, July 22, 2013

City of Bones Read-A-Long Day 3 / Chapter 3: SHADOWHUNTER


I am so sorry this post is up so late! Welcome to today's City of Bones Read A Long stop. Myself, Fangirlish, TMI Source and Page to Premiere have teamed together to host a read along for City of Bones to get us prepped for the upcoming movie release. Or maybe it's just our way of trying to keep us busy while we impatiently await the release date. 


CHAPTER 3 SHADOWHUNTER

The introduction to the Shadowhunters!! I love this chapter. I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite chapters in the book. For me, this is the moment I felt like I really got to see the personalities of Simon, who's so in love with Clary. Clary who's oblivious to Simon's feeling, and she's also this strong character who's about to find herself in the middle of a world she had no idea existed. I say strong, because who in their right mind would run out of the coffee shop after a guy who make make himself unseen and confront him about what he's doing, and what is going on. Then there's the ever arrogant Jace who calls it how it is. 

This chapter made me laugh, as much as it intrigued me. Because it seemed to me that Jace and Clary met their perfect match with each other. Just from Jace's comment of calling Clary "Little girl" and Clary's reaction to it, I knew these two were going to have the type of relationship where they knew how to get under each other's skin. Like Clary, Jace was someone I wanted to punch as much as I wanted to learn more about how and what he really was. Then of course there's Simon. Simon at this point in the story was a character I admired for his loyalty to Clary. 

With this chapter we get a glimpse into the Shadowhunter world, as well as a glimpse into the trouble that's about to throw Clary right into the middle of a world she had no idea existed. 

Questions:

* What was your initial thought of Jace and Clary's interaction in this chapter?

* What kind of trouble do you think Clary's mom is in? I know this is a harder one to answer, but based on the first time you read the book, if you're not reading it the first time, what kind of trouble do you think she was in?

* What was your first thought of Jace when he said he was going to take Clary to see Hodges?

Here's the schedule for the month long read along:

Chapter 1- TMI Source (July 20)
Chapter 2- Page to Premiere (July 21)
Chapter 3 - Mundie Mons (July 22)
Chapter 4 - Fangirlish (July 23)
Chapter 5 - TMI Source (July 24)
Chapter 6- P2P (July 25)
Chapter 7 - MM (July 26)
Chapter 8- Fangirlish (July 27)
Chapter 9- TMI Source (July 28)
Chapter 10- P2P (July 29)
Chapter 11- MM (July 30)
Chapter 12 - Fangirlish (July 31)
Chapter 13 - TMI Source (August 1)
Chapter 14 - P2P (August 2)
Chapter 15- MM (August 3)
Chapter 16- Fangirlish (August 4)
Chapter 17 - TMI Source (August 5)
Chapter 18- P2P (August 6)
Chapter 19 - MM (August 7)
Chapter 20- Fangirlish (August 8)
Chapter 21 - TMI Source (August 9)
Chapter 22 - P2P (August 10)
Chapter 23 - MM (August 11)
Epilogue - Fangirlish (August 12)


Fans can join in at any time! Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels