Mundie Moms

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cassie Clare Was Particularly Excited to See Magnus Bane

Cassandra+Clare+Mortal+Instruments+City+Bones+JNvE3pDtQlql
Cassie's been away on an island, but before she left, she conducted an interview with the New York Post. We have an excerpt of the interview below, but for the entire thing, CLICK HERE.
Was there any scene or character you were particularly excited to see in the film? Magnus Bane, who is a trickster figure. I was worried they would cut him. I had to tell them he was a very important character who becomes more important. I was excited to see his scenes in action. Are there any specific things you had a say in during the adaption process? I had a lot of say in casting. They definitely invited me into the casting process and showed me audition tapes, and every person cast was a conversation about the pros and cons and how they fit in with the larger puzzle of the character. Would you ever consider a change in career? Or is there something you would really like to do? Well, one thing I’ve always been really excited to do was write for a slightly younger group and do something that was a little bit more of a coming-of-age story. I wanted to do something that would span a bigger chunk of time. So my friend, the wonderful writer of “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” Holly Black, and I collaborated on a project. The first book comes out next year, and it’s called “The Iron Trial.”

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Cassie. Wishing you all the best. I loved your movie. It was awesome. I agree with you, Magnus Bane had to be added. Loved, loved, loved your books

    ReplyDelete

Labels